Artemis's Parents - Part Two

Part Two of Artemis's Parents - Yay

——————————————————————

I sat at my desk, staring intensely at the file of paper in front of me. I mean, should I really open it? It contained information I had wanted to know about my whole life, But then again, did I really want to know?

I never really knew my parents, so they weren't that special to me. But it was always kind of a sensitive topic for me, seeing as I had no idea who they were. And now we were here, with there files sitting in front of me, and my brain a pile of total goo.

Oh yeah, Did I forget to mention that it was 2 am in the morning? And that I hadn't slept in 3 whole days because of this thing. Yep, the stress I was getting from this thing was pretty bad. Like, really, really bad.

I was so focused at staring at the dumb file in front of me, I didn't even notice that Rikku had come up behind me.

"Hey, hey Artemis?" Rikku asked me. I jumped, bolting up right in my chair and spinning around. I relaxed as soon as I saw it was Rikku. I sighed.

"Hey Rikku," I said, resting my head on the table again and staring at the file.

"Hey Artemis," He said, concern sparking in his eyes, "what's wrong?"

"What do you mean what's wrong?" I asked, sitting up and giving him a fake smile. I really didn't want Rikku and Shino worrying about me. I was... Pretty much fine. Other than the fact that I hadn't slept in three days, but, you know.

"I'm fine," I said, giving another probably noticeably fake smile. Rikku gave me a slightly sharp, slightly exasperated glare. I was really, really bad at hiding my sadness, wasn't I?

"Come on, Artemis, tell me what's really on your mind. We're friends! We should tell each other everything!" Rikku said, his usual, happy self returning.

I smiled, genuinely this time. "Fineee. Well, you see..." I said, turning towards him. "You remember I grew up in an orphanage, Right?"

Rikku nodded, sitting cross legged on the floor, quietly listening to my story.

"So, I went back to visit everyone. It was really nice to see the place, and all of my, quote on quote, family again." I said.

"Well, that's good, right?" Rikku asked, looking confused.

"Oh yeah, that was awesome! But before I left, Ms.Rose gave me... my parents files," I said quietly.

We sat in silence for a moment. "And I'm guessing it was bad?" Rikku asked me.

I shook my head. "No, I just... haven't opened it yet, like, at all," I said, looking down.

Rikku blinked. "Artemis, you won't know if there bad or good if you don't open them! For all you know, your parents could be the two most awesome people in the world! And if not, hey, at least you tried. You have a new family now, us!" Rikku said, bouncing up and down.
I cracked a smile, his words sinking into my head.

"Yeah, I guess your right," I said, "Let's open it up then."

Dun dun DUNNNNN!!! Yep, totally epic cliff hanger. Also, sorry for having the cliff hanger. I got woken up at 5am because my cat jumped on my face, and I have to do homework so... I didn't have a lot of time. Anyways, hope you all enjoyed.

-Yo BRO PIE 🥧