Artemis's Parents - Part One

Before this starts... thank you guys so much! I never thought so many people would look at a story I made!

Anyways, This Story was requested by gemstonetherare. It's where Artemis finds out who his real parents are. Hope you all enjoy!!!

Also, PS, not all the orphan names are correct, I had to make up some.

————————————————————————

Artemis's POV

I walked down the familiar street, the breeze whisking throughly black and white hair. I looked around, remembering all the fun times I had had on this street with all the other kids at the orphanage.

It's just, everything was so familiar. At the end of the street, I used to walk as the younger kids used chalk to draw rainbows, hearts, aliens, and robots, making there way down as they ran out of chalk.

"Artemis!" They'd yell, calling me over, "come look what I made!"

I remember I used to laugh as they showed me there stick figures, drawings of our street, and of course, there little sun's that lit up there own little fictional world. I can remember one specific time in particular.

"Hey Artemis!" Lilith called, practically bouncing up and down, "come look what I made!"

Litith was a girl that used to be at the orphanage. We were all sad to see her go a year ago, when she was adopted, but happy that she was going to a brand new family, one that would hopefully love and care for her better than we ever could.

"Coming, Lil," I said, walking over from my spot next to the wall. That was another place I used to love. Sometimes I sat there a drew my designs for hours, just, drawing. I walked over to her, kneeling down to see what she made.

I saw 6 stick figures standing next to a tall, white house. "Who are they?" I asked, referring to the people on the page.

"That's you, me, Lay, Mikey, Ethan, and Mrs.Rose! We're the best family ever!" She said happily, smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile back. These people really were family, and I could never forget that.

Yep, this place really did bring back old memories. This place was like my home, well, was my home for basically my whole life. But I guess I had some new friends now, other than the ones I made here.

Rikku and Shino were sort of like my family now, considering it had been a month. They even helped me get a phone, which I still didn't fully understand.

But again, It had been a month, and I needed to comeback to see my old family again, the ones I had known all my life. And here I was, standing in front of these familiar, large wooden doors.

I knocked twice, moving back a few steps so that the door didn't hit me in the face. The door swung outwards, and I was happy to see that same, old, familiar face.

"Ms.Rose!" I said happily, my eyes lighting up as I saw her. She smiled, her hair moving to cover a little bit more of her face.

"Artemis, so good to see you!" Ms.Rose said, her eyes shining brightly.

"Artemis!! Where?!" A child like voice said from upstairs, one I recognized fairly quickly.

"Mikey!" I called, opening my arms as a small boy came running towards me. He jumped, landing in my arms and giggling like a... little boy.

"What? Oh my gosh Artemis!" I heard Lay shout. She ran up, with slightly older Ethan behind her.

"Artemis, you came back to visit!" Ethan said happily.

"Of course I did! I could never leave you guys!" I said, smiling, "It's so good to see you, all of you!"

The kids spent the rest of the day asking me questions about Monarch Academy. I told them all about my dorm, about Rikku and Shino and my other friends, the teachers, our penguin principal. I honestly didn't mind, I was just so happy to see all of them again.

Before I knew it, time had flew by, and it was almost completely dark outside. I had said goodbye to Ethan, Lay, And Mikey a few minutes ago. I was about to leave, when I heard a voice behind me.

"Artemis?" Ms.Rose asked. I turned around, concerned to see a sorrowful look on her face.

"Ms.Rose, are you ok?" I asked her.

"Oh yes Artemis, I'm fine, I just wanted to give this to you," She said. She held out a yellow file in her hand. I took it, looking back at her to explain.

"It's your parents file's," she explained. I felt the blood drain my face, and my eyes going wide. "I wanted to give it to you before you left but, you were already gone."

I stared blankly at the file in my hands, letting my thoughts drift into space. I knew my real parents had died, I wasn't that clueless, but I had no idea who they were, or even what there names were. Sure, the thought had crossed my mind, but I had never really considered there files.

"T-thank you Ms.Rose, I'll be sure to look at these... Sometime later," I said, looking down at the floor.

She nodded, "Of course, have a nice night, Artemis." She said, looking up at me.

"You too, Ms.Rose," I said, staring off into the distance. "You too,"

And that... is the end of part one, mostly because this is 900 words and It took me and hour to write and correct. So yeah, I'll probably make Part 2 in a few hours. (Also, where I am it's like 11pm so...)
Anyways, hope you all enjoyed! ❤️

Also, does anyone have any Pro Hero Ideas for me, I might be needed them for a different story!

-Yo BRO PIE 🥧