[ 15 ] ICE CREAM CRUSH

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

"WE'LL BE OVER IN TWO MINUTES."

you kiss your teeth. "damn it, osamu! i told you it's okay! you don't have to repay me for something so small!" the boy on the other end of the phone scoffs, "look, y/n. my brother and i made you uncomfortable last time, and we even got you kicked out of the arcade, so just let us pay you back for dealing with us."

"but i don't need you to pay me back!" you groan, osamu sighs, "yeah well like i said, we'll be over in two minutes so get ready." and before you can argue any further he hangs up. despite your strong protesting against the situation, you were actually quite glad the twins were coming over. your mum had been taking longer shifts every day and so you were mostly alone, so company was welcome.

sliding into a pair of baggy jeans and an oversized anime shirt (basic bitch‼️) you run a brush through your messy h/c locks and freshen yourself up. just as you finish tying the worn out shoelaces on your converse up, the doorbell rings and some rhythmic knocking can be heard coming from the front door.

you glance at yourself in the hall mirror one last time before unlocking the door and swinging it open. both of the twins smile, osamu gives you a small wave whilst atsumu pulls you into a bone crushing hug, "wew, hoy otsomo," you mumble with his arms tightly bound around you. he lets you go and gives you an apologetic smile, "shit, sorry. too tight?"

"duh," you roll your eyes and smile, "same old dumbass 'tsumu." osamu coughs pointedly and you give him a quick hug as well, "hey osamu!" the silver haired boy pats your head, "hi y/n." closing and locking the door behind you, you turn to both boys and atsumu speaks up. "did ya hear about that popular new ice cream place?"

you raise an eyebrow, "you mean sprinkles ice creamery?" he nods, "yeah, we're gonna go and see what all the hype's about, you okay with that? 'cause we can get anything you'd like—" you shake your head and grin, "stupid hoe, why would i ever say no to ice cream?" osamu's eyes scan the website open on his phone screen, "let's walk instead of taking a bus, since it's not too far from here."

you nod and the three of you make your way to the main road, cars and buses zooming and zipping by the footpath. atsumu links his arm in yours, this action doesn't go unnoticed by osamu, who glares at his twin whilst the blonde sticks his tongue out. "y/n," osamu says. you turn to him, taking your e/c eyes off your phone. "yeah?"

he gestures to your hand with which you're holding your phone. "can i... uh— can i— um... can i hold your hand or whatever?" for a second, time freezes and osamu's stomach drops. "fuck— um— sorry—" and then atsumu bursts out laughing, pointing a finger at his embarrassed twin, "what the FUCK, 'samu! yer so fucking STUPID!!"

ignoring his obnoxious brother laughing, the silver haired twin turns to you, who has a goofy smile playing on your lips. "ooh, does the osamu miya wanna hold my hand? i'm flattered," you tease him, shoving your phone into your jeans' pocket and extending your hand towards him.

"shut up, 'yer so annoying." he mumbles, taking your hand into his and looking away. you laugh, "yeah yeah, whatever you say, osamu." atsumu finally stops laughing and relinks your arm with his, wiping the tears from his dark eyes. "this is honestly priceless," he comments, noticing his brothers usually stoic expression soften as you laugh. "enjoy it while you can, brother."

sprinkles was busy. as in, the line was so long that it went out the shops door, kind of busy. but time passed by quickly as the three of you laughed and talked together. (tbh it was mainly u n osamu bullying atsumu but anyways) the boy at the counter shoots the three of you a friendly smile, okay... he was kinda cute...

the boy glances at your shirt, "is that (ur fave anime) on your shirt?" your eyes shine as you nod, "oh my god, yeah!! wait, holy SHIT— do you watch it too?" the boy gasps, "are you kidding me? it's my favourite anime! the plot and the characters— it's immaculate!" he does a dramatic chef's kiss and your ears go red as you giggle at his antics.

the two of you talk more, eventually he takes your orders as you realise you're holding up the line. you turn to osamu, "should i get his socials? like instagram or something? he seems cute, right?" atsumu scoffs, "ya kidding me, right princess?" you furrow your brows, "no? i actually thought he was decent, plus we have similar tastes and humour."

osamu and atsumu glance at each other, when they see the blood rush to your cheeks as you talk about him, and it's like those cool twin telepathy things, where the both of them have an entire conversation in their heads and even make a whole plan mentally.

'so we gonna let her get this guys @?"

'lol no, distract her so she can't ask him.'

'aight bet, you'll get the ice cream for us, yeah?'

'course i will, just don't let her get his @.'

osamu nods at atsumu, who suddenly gasps. you glance at him, "you okay?" tears well up in the blondes eyes and even osamu whistles lowly at how realistic his brothers acting looks. you immediately turn to him when you see his tears, "hey! atsumu, you okay?" his lower lip wobbles as he hugs you once again, his arms wrapping around your waist as he rests his chin on your shoulder.

"y/n! i think i hurt myself." you pat his back, genuinely concerned as to how he hurt himself and why he's crying, "let's go outside for a minute, okay? tell me what happened and we'll sort it out." he nods, sticking his tongue out at osamu, who only rolls his eyes. he watches the two of you exit the shop and lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

was he an asshole for what he just did? yeah, and he was willing to admit that, but did he regret it? not at all. when the same 'cute' boy who'd been serving your ice creams came back, he looked around for you, blinking at osamu as he handed the silver haired boy your cones. "erm— do you know where your friend is? h/c hair, e/c eyes? the one in the (anime) shirt?"

osamu says nothing, paying for the ice cream and even giving the confused boy a small tip as well. he spins around on his heel to make his way over to you and atsumu, who are waiting outside, "keep the change." he says over his shoulder.

notes!
hey gamers! small a/n here bc i think it's very necessary to highlight this — i know y/n is a thief. i know what she does is wrong and that she is a flawed character. but that's the point. she's supposed to grow as a person and recognise what she does is wrong by the end of the book, it's called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. so please stop saying shit about her. i get it! she's not a 'good' person, but that's how i made her out to be! please just remember that i do read ALL of your comments and seeing stuff like that rlly makes me lose inspo and motivation,,,
:(( anyways! we're at like 100k reads which is INSANE this book sucks please— but nevertheless thank you so much <33 stay healthy!

— mazz <3