[ 22 ] LIKE A WORK OF ART

"MINA! HEY,"

atsumu greets the pink haired girl with a smile on his face. mina ashido turns around from the path, her face lighting up when she recognises him. her first thought is that he looks even better when he's not on court, this way she can see him for who he really is, just another boy.

"atsumu! i thought i was late and you'd left." the girl laughs, rubbing her neck sheepishly as she feels guilty to keep the blonde waiting. "it just took a while for my friend to get my eyeliner right, i'm sorry!!" she apologises, bowing her head for a moment before meeting his stygian eyes again.

"no, you're good." atsumu reassures mina. he looks down at the screen of his phone — the very one you had given him as an apology. "so where do you wanna go?" he asks the girl, "i don't have a specific place in mind, sorry."

"nah, don't sweat it! how about we grab some food and then see where that takes us?" mina suggests, glancing around the boys' neighbourhood. he nods wordlessly and lets her call the uber. atsumu doesn't have high hopes or expectations but, seeing mina, maybe this won't be so bad after all.

"okay, it should be five minutes!" mina exclaims, tucking her phone away in the back pocket of her denim jeans. "so," she says, giving the blonde a sweet smile - "i really like your outfit, and your hair as well." she gently rocks back and forth on her heels, "did you do something to it?"

"i bleached it." he says, missing her point, "and then i used dye on it, but the colour didn't really turn out the way i thought it would." he laughs, rubbing the back of his neck. he gestures to her, "but you've outdone yourself, definitely." he compliments her, "i love how well the light pink goes against your darker skin, it gives you this look." atsumu says.

"what look?" mina asks him, just to hear him say it. she finds herself leaning in closer, drawn (and definitely attracted) to the boy who stood in front of her currently, with a lazy smile and an attitude so relaxed, so refined - that it felt tangible. she felt like she could reach out, and she'd find herself tangled in his comforting aura. 

"you know," the boy gives her a boyish smile of mischief and mirrors her movements, rocking back and forth on his heels with this natural ease that only adds to his charm - pretty privilege is so not fair - "like you came out of a painting, you're just really pretty." his eyes are beautiful, big and brown and solely set on her. she beams.

the uber pulls up, a white toyota with tinted windows. atsumu steps back, and she almost wants to reach out and pull him back. the blonde makes his way to the other side of the car to get into the seat on the side of the road, mina hears him close the car door, hears him greet the driver, she takes a second to pull out her phone and send a quick text, before tucking it away and entering the uber.

"so," she turns to the boy besides her, she is all sunshine and roses and effortless beauty. there's a teasing tone to her voice, "where were we, again?"