[ 09 ] THREE IN THE MORNING

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

IT WAS TWO AM WHEN THE PHONE RANG.

groaning, you turned to the side but the damn phone wouldn't stop ringing.

you raised an eyebrow, turning over to your other side and reaching for the side table where your phone was ringing, the soft glow of the screen illuminating your dark room as milo lazily let out a small purr. you rubbed your eyes, sitting up.

if someone calls at 2 am in the bloody morning, it's probably important, right?

you looked at the caller ID. "what the heck?" you whispered as the screen lit up with the name of 'osamu miya ( neighbour )' you answered the call, yawning whilst you raked a lazy hand through your messy hair.

"hello?" you said softly, trying not to wake milo up. you winced as your voice cracked slightly.

"hey." osamu replied huskily, it sounded like he was really goddamn tired and hadn't slept a wink.

silence overtook the line, osamus gently and even breathing was the only sound you could hear.

"so, what's up?" you asked. eager to go back to the warmth of your bed. he had called at 2 in the morning—

"nothing much. you?" he asked groggily, he didn't sound like himself for some reason. he sounded... drunk?

"i was kinda sleeping, but yeah."

"oh. sorry, you can go back to bed—"

you pushed the blanket off, as the room felt stuffy, opening the window to let some cool air inside. the sky was pitch black, small stars illuminating it. a strong wave of wonder overcame you.

"nah, i'm awake now. is everything okay?" you asked him.

"yeah. i just couldn't sleep." osamu said quietly.

"yeah? did you drink too much coffee or did you get laid?"

"what the heck, y/n?" he chuckled lightly.

"sorry, bad joke. ignore." you laughed it off, trying not to make the phone call more awkward than it needed to be.

osamu sighed, the sound of his blankets shifting could be heard.

"y/n?" he called softly, there was an odd gentleness to his voice.

"yeah osamu?" you hiccuped. he really didn't sound like himself right now, he sounded so cute and soft for some reason— he was definitely high.

"talk to me."

"the fuck? are you high right now??" you voiced your thoughts out loud, genuinely concerned about the wellbeing of the boy you were talking to.

"no." osamu whispered, "i wanna hear your voice."

"i wanna hear it really bad." he yawned, his voice sounded really small.

"oh. you're definitely high."

"maybe i am." he said lazily, stifling another yawn.

you smiled to yourself, crossing your legs on the bed.

"go to sleep, dumbass. it's not healthy to sleep so late."

"yeah, you too." he yawned again, more shuffling.

you rolled your eyes, a soft chuckle escaping your lips as you stood up and stretched, "goodnight, osamu. sleep tight and dream of me." you joked.

"night, y/n, of course i'll dream of you." he played along as you ended the call, a smile on your lips.

"dumbass..."