[ 12 ] MY GUARDIAN ANGEL

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

"LET'S FREAKIN' GO, Y/N!"

you put the crumpled notes and coins in your pocket, humming a happy tune to yourself and just thinking about all the different possible items and things you could buy with the money you had made. the commotion eventually died down, with the crying boys parents calming him down and the crowd growing bored.

you stand up, stretching. as you look around, you notice an old lady sitting on a park bench behind you. your eyes widen. nervously, you give her a small smile, she simply narrows her eyes and your hands began to sweat as you realise; you messed up.

holy crap, did she see me? how the literal hell did i miss her sitting right there? did she call the cops on me? damn it, i'll have to do community service for this. no, if mum finds out, i'm dead. this is bad, this is so bad—

all of a sudden, you feel a larger, more rougher hand grab your shaking one. you frantically turn around, face to face with atsumu miya, he looks better than he did in the morning. his hair is neater and his eyes are brighter. "a-atsumu. hi." he intertwined his fingers with yours and turned you around, so that your back was to the old lady, atsumu's golden eyes focused on her as he leaned down to whisper in your ear.

"she called the cops. so this is what we're going to do;" you hear him say. your breath hitches in your throat and you spoke in a small, quivering voice. "wh-what are w—?" the boy standing in front of you put a finger to your lips, "basically;" he held your hand tighter and your heart felt like it was about to explode.

"run like hell."

and with that, the two of you take off, the old lady begins yelling and pointing fingers at you, "you're a disgusting person! stealing from a little boy like that! the police will be here soon, love! nowhere to run to with your boyfriend". you were about to turn around but atsumu grasps your hand tighter and shakes his head as he leads you through the trees, over the picnics and behind the benches of the park.

your breathing was ragged as you anxiously look over your shoulder whilst the two of you gradually slowed down. atsumu led you into a commercial street a few streets away from the park. there were lots of people here, it was easier to get lost in the crowd. he took off his jacket and draped it around you instead. "wait—why did you—" he put a finger to your lips. "shut up. it's harder to recognise you, now." you nodded and took your cap off as well. "thank you."

he said nothing, as the two of you weaved through the bustling crowds, listening to the sound of excited chatter and laughter. you had slowed down, but atsumu didn't still hadn't let go of your hand. eventually, he dragged you into a small clothing shop. the man at the cashier was half-asleep and said nothing as the boy dragged you into a changing room, locking the door behind you.

you sat down and hung your cap on the hook, catching atsumu's eyes in the mirror. embarassed, you looked down. "i'm sorry." the boy raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean, sorry?" you nervously laughed. "i mean— thanks for helping me. b-back there. i really—appreciate it."

for a moment, there was silence. you thought you'd messed up somehow until he crouched down in front of you so that the two of you were eye-to-eye and grinned, reaching for your messy hair and ruffling it. "well, i mean if i hadn't done that, i'd be a pretty shitty friend, wouldn't i?" you laughed and nodded. "yeah. thank you."

"you look pretty when you're happy." the boy smiled, "you know y/n, i should be saying sorry. in the morning i—" he was cut off by the sound of a message. rolling his eyes, atsumu reached for his phone and stood up, turning his back to you. you wrapped your arms around yourself, suddenly feeling quite self-concious, but still a smiling mess of nerves.

'you look pretty when you're happy.'