The Worst Sin

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT LITTLE TWERP IS KING!?!?" Ban yells at you.

"Yeah! Can't you tell! I mean, he's lost a few pounds."

"A FEW POUNDS?" Ban gestures toward King.

"OH KING! It's so good to see you again!" Diane's face lights up with happiness. King looks at Ban one more time and floats away without saying a word.

"Well he seems cheery." Weiss says. You put your fingers on your chin.

"I'll go talk to him." You say.

"But I want Ruby to come with me." You point at Ruby.

"Huh?! Why?!"

"Because I said so. And trust me." You ruffle her red hair.

"Sure Meliodas, I'll go." Ruby deadpans.

"That's the spirit!" You pick Ruby up and begins running and jumping toward King.

You and Ruby manage to catch up to him as he's floating on his pillow.

"Don't come out from behind this tree until I say so. 'K?"

"Sure." Ruby says.

"Yo King!" He turns around and sees you.

"Oh, it's you Captain."

"How've you been buddy?"

"What do you mean? I've been looking everywhere for Ban and as soon as we meet again you ruin it. I'm dandy Captain!"

"Well I'm sorry for interrupting. But there's a reason Ban is here with us."

"You're gathering the Sins aren't you? For some worldly threat I presume?"

"You hit the nail on the head."

"I'm not interested." King starts to fly off.

"King wait! I need you to meet someone." He stops in the air and turns toward you.

"This someone better be incredibly important. I have to go somewhere you know."

"Come out!" Ruby walks out from behind the tree. His eyes visibly widen as he starts to float downward to the ground.

"S-Summer? No, you're too young, that means..."

"Hello, my name is Ruby Rose. Summer was my mom..." Ruby says.

"I see, you're the girl she talked about night and day. I'm going to guess you're going to Signal yes?" King asks her.

"Actually. Beacon Academy." His eyes open more. He sees her eyes after a minute.

"Stay there for a second Ruby. I need to talk to him privately for a sec'."

"Okay Meliodas." She stands there looking at trees and nature. You and King move out of earshot.

"Captain? Does she know about her eyes?"

"Not yet. And she doesn't need to know yet. You're not the first of the Sins to ask either, so don't mention them to her."

"Alright. You have my interest, why are the Sins gathering again?"

"Salem is going to make her play soon. And we're going to stop her."

"You mean the one who killed Sum—, who killed her, is who we're going after?"

"Yeah."

"It could be worse you know."

"Oh I know. Far far worse. If it were that bad, Ruby and her friends wouldn't be involved in this at all."

"Speaking of which, why are they here?"