A King with No Throne

Ban's P.O.V

"Hey Ban?" Yang says aloud.

"'Sup?"

"Just... Just how strong is Meliodas?"

"You want to know how strong the Captain is?" You ask.

"Well yea, whole reason I asked."

"Take a look around and tell me if you notice anything weird." You tell her. Yang looks around confused.

"I don't get it."

"You haven't noticed how he split us all up?" You answer the question for her.

"You're right." Weiss adds.

"The three of you students along with The Fox Sin of Greed and The Serpent Sin of Envy. While just him and Ruby Rose search around for another Sin." You tell Yang. A look of relief goes across her face.

"Worried about your sister?" Diane asks.

"I was a little. Not anymore though."

"There's no reason to worry, the only one strong enough to even tickle the Captain is... well, maybe not. I guess it depends." You say to her.

"So he could take both of you on?" Weiss asks.

"Hell yes he could. No problem at all either."

"Really?! You're not bluffing!?"

"No. I'm not." The three girls stop in their tracks. You turn around and look at them.

"Hey c'mon you lollygaggers, we gotta keep moving." You turn around and keep walking toward some abandoned buildings.

Your P.O.V

"So just how strong are you?" Ruby asks.

"Stronger than you." You mock.

"Meliodas!" You look behind you and see Hawk.

"What's up Hawk?"

"I'm tired of doing nothing at the tavern. So I'm joining you."

"Sweet! Now we have emergency food."

"EEEKKK!!" Hawk squeals.

"We're not gonna eat you Hawk." Ruby reassures him.

"Speak for yourself." You joke. Hawk sweats a bit and nervously laughs. You and Ruby continue on the path into town to search for King, when your scroll rings.

"Yo."

"Meliodas?"

"Sup Oz?"

"I need Team RWBY back soon. They have tests coming up."

"Sure thing, as soon as we get King we'll head back."

"Very good." The call ends and you put your scroll back.

"Ozpin wants you guys back after this, so once we get King we'll head back to Beacon and we can study."

"Doesn't everyone know who you are?"

"None of the students, Ozpin made sure to keep all of them away from the fighting."

"I see, so you'll be in classes too?"

"Mhm. But I'll have to hold back a lot more, don't want to destroy the school hehe."

"YOU COULD DO THAT!?"

"Yep, I'm pretty strong." Ruby's silver eyes widen and she stands shocked at your statement.

"C'mon silly." You wave your arm and she follows.