three . poison

THE DIVINE FEMININE
*.☽ .* :☆ act one, loving you
ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎ
CHAPTER 0o3– poison

* ˎCHAPTER 0o3– poison

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

✧☾.·:·.*chapter three
i never grew up, it's
getting so old, help
me hold onto you.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
in the courtyard,
a small party takes
place.

"LOOK AT ALL THE GUARDS. As if Colin would ever willingly return." Lola chewed on her lip anxiously, it had earlier that day been made apparent that the Scottish boy hadn't died for treason but instead escaped, the king and queen had announced that if he returned he would not be put to death for his crimes, which did seem a little odd but the only thing on Lolas mind was his safety in the moment.

She was unable to stand still and had resorted to pacing in circles after giving up on trying to bite her nails after Greer had slapped her fingers away several times.

"Do stop fretting Lola, i'm sure he'll be fine." Dorethea forced a smile with as much warmth as she could muster, this had to have been the hundredth time she'd reassured the girl of the same thing. The tiniest part of the her wanted to shake some sense into her friend and snap her out of the frenzy she'd gotten herself into but she didn't want to upset Lola any further.

Kenna swiftly switched the subject, she was less subtle in showing that she was tired of talking of Lola's departed love, "Who's the king talking to?"

Greer followed her gaze with pursed lips, "Anyone he likes, since he has no use for the Queen, and his mistress, Diane, is away." Kenna was staring intently at the king with an undetectable look in her eye, Dorethea, unbeknownst to Kenna, caught the peculiar interaction between the two as Henry turned and shot her a small smile to which Kenna blushed lightly before turning away- it was strange and Dorethea could not for the life of her work out what could be going on between the King of France and her best friend.

The sight of the young children playing in the gardens bought a placid grin to her face, it reminded her very much of messing around with her siblings before they grew up and everything got so hard. She'd been so caught up observing the hilarity and glee that radiated off the little ones that she'd failed to notice that her friends had departed and that the person who stood by her was now Elijah.

"Oh hello there."

She addressed the man without turning to face him, she kept her eyes trained on the games unfolding on the grass, he hummed a hello in response before a comfortable silence fell upon the two.