seven . corrupted blood

THE DIVINE FEMININE
*.☽ .* :☆ act one, loving you
ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎ
CHAPTER 0o7—corrupted blood

* ˎCHAPTER 0o7—corrupted blood

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

✧☾.·:·.*chapter seven
so sweet with a mean
streak, nearly
bought me to my
knees.

APPARENTLY WHILST DORETHEA had been visiting Bash she'd missed a lot. Tomás had publicly proposed to Mary and Francis was...upset which meant Mary was upset too.

Tomás had won Mary's hand, so rightfully the ladies should all be leaving France to serve Mary in Portugal.

"I don't want to go." Dorethea mumbled into Lola's shoulder as they tightly embraced. The two of them had been discussing the possibility of having to leave France just after settling in. Neither were too keen on Tomás and they only wanted the best for Mary, it was sometimes difficult to think of what's best for your country when you know it could be the end of your closest friend in the whole world.

"I know, neither do i." Lola breathed out, running her hands up and down Dorethea's bare forearms. "Do you believe King Henry will release Mary from the engagement with Francis?"

"I'm sure Mary will find a way to persuade him."

"It makes me sound like the most awful person but i can't help but hope that today the King remains his stubborn self."

Dorethea didn't say anything to that, she wasn't sure if she agreed or didn't.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Poor Mary. You feel like the King will never see you. And you a queen." Mary grimaced before turning to face the owner of the taunting voice.

Catherine d'Medici.

"I'm glad that my unhappiness brings you such pleasure." She snarled.

The queen mother laughed, "Oh, your unhappiness gives me no pleasure. You're absence, however..."

"Why do you hate me so? If I'm going to Portugal, why not just say it? You were kind to me when I was young." Mary interrupted with questioning eyes.

"When I look at you, I see death." Catherine breathed in, keeping her composure, "I see your country hanging around my son's neck. I see his men off defending your country, dying."