eight . a wicked man

THE DIVINE FEMININE
*.☽ .* :☆ act one, loving you
ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎ
CHAPTER 009—a wicked man

* ˎCHAPTER 009—a wicked man

✧☾.·:·.*chapter eight
i've been sleeping so
long in a twenty
year dark night.

THE DAYS EVENTS TOOK A RAPID TURN.

"Dorethea! Dorethea!"

"Goodness Aylee, what's the matter?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Mary! And Francis! They kissed in the gardens. Oh gosh Mary looks like she's been to the moon and back, she's glowing!" Aylee rambled, practically jumping up and down like a little child.

Dorethea grinned at the blondes child like excitement, "Oh how wonderful for them!"

"It's so-"

"But what of the Tomás situation?"

Aylee's face visibly fell. Her smiling eyes lost their excitement, "I forgot about that."

"Oh Aylee." No, Tomás and Mary were not yet married and whilst they were on French soil he wasn't technically 'in charge' of her but Dorethea had heard some horrid rumours about the princes temper and she feared that if he heard that Mary and Francis were romantically involved in any way shape or form he might just explode.

Lola came up behind the two, tearing Dorethea from her frightening thoughts and swinging her arms around their shoulders. "Girls, come on. We're heading to Mary's room." They, of course, complied. Hurrying down the halls with Mary, Greer and Kenna trailing behind.

They chatted giddily, all smiles and grins as if a weight had been lifted from their shoulders as Mary recounted her love making with the French Dauphine. Maybe their sudden happiness had sparked from hoping there could be a chance for Mary and Francis? Maybe it was them making the most of the time they had left in France? Whatever it was, in that moment, it didn't matter.

Until it did.

"Tomàs..." Mary questioned hesitantly, watching the man whom was standing at the centre of her chambers suspiciously.

"Forgive me, Mary. I needed to see you, and and I couldn't wait for formalities. I would like to discuss some... rules, and your ladies should hear them, too." He muttered, looking the group of them up and down in an uncomfortable way.

"Rules?"

"Rules you will live by in Portugal. You seem to believe that until you marry me you're somehow free. If so, you're mistaken." He snarled her, an unpleasant look in his eye. Dorethea's previous fears seemed to be coming true.