Shinsou's adventures with class 1-A

Shinsou was attached to Ryuu for the first day, usually asleep with his head in his lap. Nobody wanted to bother the purple haired boy, since it was his first day apart from his fathers. Maybe he'd feel better tomorrow.

Ryuu woke up late in the night to shuffling in the hallway, the footsteps familiar to him. Aizawa had told him about Shinsou's wandering. Nobody was really sure why the boy did it, but they all knew the dangers. Aizawa had once found Shinsou covered in bruises, which they couldn't figure out where they came from.

Ryuu opened his door to see Shinsou stumbling past it, his eyes half-lidded and foggy. Ryuu sighed, grabbing Shinsou's arm, pulling him into his room and locking the door behind him. "Come on, Sho. Bed." Ryuu tucked Shinsou into his bed, pulling the blankets up to his shoulders. Shinsou's eyes closed, and Ryuu sighed. At least it was an easy fix.

Aimi was the only one who could pry Shinsou off of Ryuu. She could get him to stay awake, to do the little bit of work his brain could handle. She could convince him to eat, although it wasn't much, and she could keep him calm when he started wandering. She could help him when he thought his dads were gone forever, could comfort him when things seemed hopeless.

Although forgetful about his own health, Shinsou never forgot to take care of Pawlson. Even if it meant having to be picked up because he'd pushed himself too far and lacked the strength to stand, he never left it undone. Pawlson was rather skittish lately, only coming when Shinsou called for him. He ran and hid if anyone else tried to get close.

The girls wasted no time in getting their hands on the boy, brushing through his hair and putting him through a skin care routine. Shinsou didn't complain. It felt nice when they brushed his hair, and they were gentle with the skincare stuff, so he was fine. Besides, he got to sleep while they did it, so that was a plus. Sometimes, if he sat still enough, Ichika would give him a lollipop.

Shinsou was glad for class 1-A, he really was, but he missed his dads. He couldn't call them, because that would disrupt their mission. They weren't coming home for a few days, which meant he couldn't see them. He couldn't even shoot them a text, since Nezu told him not to. He couldn't talk to his dads at all, and it felt strange. The people he needed the most were gone.

Shinsou usually dozed on the couch when 1-A was there, allowing them to keep an eye on him. Although he didn't start with anything but a blanket, he usually ended up with a pillow, a stuffed animal of some sort, another blanket, and a glass of water by his head. He'd tried asking who the animals belonged to and give them back, but the class had insisted they'd bought them for him. Shinsou didn't really understand why, but he liked holding onto them.

Unfortunately, due to the class's lack of paying attention, Shinsou had found the coffee. Now, he knew what coffee was; he'd seen his dad drink it hundreds of times. However, Aizawa had told him it was an adult's drink, so Shinsou hid the coffee. He wasn't sure when people turned to adults, exactly, but he knew sixteen wasn't that age. Sure, he was only thirteen himself, but he had been taught by Aizawa to correct what wrongs he could.

Needless to say, the class did not function well that next morning. They wondered is this was how Shinsou felt, and suddenly didn't blame him for being so tired. Ryuu couldn't stop tripping over his tail that day, and Aimi couldn't stop laughing. She knew Shinsou was the culprit, but like hell was she stopping the entertainment this early. Besides, she doubted the purple haired boy did it on purpose.

Midnight went out and bought another box of coffee. Shinsou nabbed it before Class 1-A even got sight of it. Nezu bought three boxes. They were gone before anyone could blink. Ryuu even tried hiding the coffee in his room, and it still disappeared! A few students locked themselves in their rooms, reeling at the caffeine detox they were going through. Aimi felt bad eventually, and put one of the boxes from Shinsou's stash back in the common area. Needless to say, the class felt much better after that.