Just hold on

Mic kept glancing over at Shinsou, unable to keep his eyes away for too long. He'd put the boy in the passenger seat with him, to make sure he was okay. One of Hizashi's hands was wrapped around Shinsou's wrist, feeling for a pulse. He was worried for the boy. He'd been through a few tough scrapes before; could he survive this one?

Hizashi pulled into the UA parking lot, wasting no time in grabbing Shinsou and running towards Recovery Girl's office. He trusted her with Shinsou much more than the doctors at the hospital. There was no telling if any of them worried for Taurus. He knew Shinsou would be safe with Chiyo.

All Hizashi had to do was set Shinsou down on a bed and hold up the blood. "What the hell happened?" "Taurus happened. Can you help him?" "If I can get the blood back in. I'll have to be careful, with him and his hatred of needles. I may need you to hold him still." "Just do what you need. I'm here to help right now." Hizashi kept his eyes on Shinsou, watching his chest rise and fall.

Shinsou somehow found the strength to crack his eyes open, wondering where he was. Those voices weren't Taurus. They weren't the voice he'd heard earlier, telling him he'd be alright. He recognized Recovery Girl; he knew exactly what her voice sounded like. Who was the other one? Shinsou knew he knew them, knew he'd wanted them desperately before, but he couldn't remember who it was. He needed to.

Shinsou looked over to find...Hizashi? That was his name, right? The blond looked terrified. Shinsou tried to speak, tried to find any strength to form words, but he couldn't. He could barely keep his eyes open. He didn't even notice the prick in his arm from the needle, nor did he notice the quiet muttering of Recovery Girl, nor the knife that cut the muzzle off his face. The only thing he was focused on was Hizashi.

Hizashi gently grabbed Shinsou's hand, looking down at him. "Sho? You awake?" Shinsou squeezed his hand. "You're safe, Shinsou. You're home again. You're going to be okay." Shinsou let out a soft sigh, letting his eyes close. He was safe. He was finally home again. Sure, he was weak as all hell, but he'd be okay. Hizashi was there to care for him.

Shinsou ended up curled into Mic's side, head resting on his shoulder as he slept. Hizashi kept his arm wrapped around Shinsou tightly, thumb rubbing over his cool skin as he hummed softly. He could already feel Shinsou's breathing get stronger, a little bit of color returning to his cheeks. Shinsou would be alright.

Shinsou managed to wake up at one point, looking up at the blond man. "Dad?" "Hey, Shinsou. How do you feel?" Mic smiled, closing the book he'd been reading. "Tired. Lightheaded. Where's Shota?" "He's with the other heroes. They're tracking down Taurus as we speak. I'm going to get you some water, okay? I'll be right back." Shinsou nodded, letting Hizashi roll him on his back.

Shinsou watched as the blond got the water, shivering without his warmth. He was really cold. Maybe it was from the lack of blood, but he was really, really cold. Hizashi saw Shinsou shivering out the corner of his eye, and he felt a twinge of sadness hit him. His little boy was stuck on a hospital bed, getting blood pumped into him while he was freezing.

Hizashi took off his jacket slinging it over his arm. "Here. You'll feel better once you drink some." Hizashi handed Shinsou the water bottle, laying the jacket across his lap. "You don't have to give me your jacket." "You're cold, and I don't have a blanket right now. I'm not too comfortable leaving you alone right now." "I'm not too comfortable being left alone, either."

Hizashi sat next to Shinsou again, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "When is Shota going to be back?" "I'm not sure, Sho. I know the people he's with, though. He's in good hands." Shinsou nodded. "Did he hurt you? Besides the whole 'draining your blood' thing?" "Hit me over the head once. But I'm fine now. He drank something and healed me. I guess that's why I'm so big." "Maybe. As long as you're okay, I'm happy."

Shinsou nodded, leaning his head on Hizashi's shoulder. Hizashi couldn't help but smile, pulling Shinsou just a little bit closer. It was nice to see Shinsou open up to him. He'd been so close to Aizawa, it kind of felt like he'd been watching from the outside. Now he really felt like he was part of Shinsou's family.

Recovery Girl came back in, carrying a box of gauze. She looked over at the duo, who had fallen asleep, and smiled. The whole family just needed a vacation, or some sort of break. At least these two seemed to be bonding. Now, if only they could get that stubborn man she called Aizawa back.