Someone Like You

Inside the school, Violet and Willie were sitting at the stairs reading the book. Luke, Alex and Reggie came up to them sitting down on the stairs.

"What you doing?", Luke asked.

"Seems like we aren't rid of Caleb after all.", Violet said looking at him. "Look at this.", she showed them the cover of Caleb's book.

"He's a writer?", Alex asked.

"Yeah, I was there last night.", Willie nodded. "That's why I didn't come to the dance, I'm sorry about that.", he looked at Alex.

"It's okay.", he gave him a nod. "You had your reasons.", he placed his hand on top off Willie's.

"So what does it say? The book.", Reggie looked at it.

"It's about how the afterlife was for him and how he crossed over, seems like he have been here for a while actually.", she said.

"But that can't be, we just came here ourselves.".

"I can't quite explain it but... I feel like there will be more to this, unfortunately we aren't done with our uncle.".

"Our uncle?", Reggie asked looking at Violet and nodded. "Right, I can't believe we both are related to that man.", he chuckled.

"At least you have his grin.", Alex said playfully towards Reggie.

"Is there anything we can do about this?", Luke asked.

"I don't know yet, haven't gotten that far.", she said.

"Do you want any help with it?".

Violet looked at Luke and smiled lightly. "Sure.", she nodded. "But not today though.".

"Why not?".

"You really thought I would forget? That we would forget?".

Luke smiled lightly and looked down. "More like hoping.".

"Your parents told me about your birthday long ago before I died, and since we have arrived back in time, it means that it's your birthday today.".

"We don't have to do anything about it.", he shook his head and looked up at her. "I would rather much focus on getting closer to Julie.".

"I get that.", she nodded. "But I feel like we have to do something, it's your 44th birthday.".

"Sounds kinda weird since I'm in my 17th body.".

"More like 18 now.", Alex said. "We can just do something small.".

"Being with all of you is enough.".

Violet chuckled and shook her head. "You have done so much for us, Luke. You gotta let us do something for you now.".

"Fine fine.", he sighed. "But nothing big!", he added determined.

They all nodded. "Now we gonna get to class.", Willie said.

"Not me and Violet, we have lesson after this break.", he chuckled. "You should get going.".

Luke and Reggie got up from the stairs, walking to class. Willie placed his hand on Alex's cheek, kissing his lips softly before leaving as well, Alex kissed him back smiling against his lips. They smiled at each other as he went from him. Violet smiled as she watched them and Alex looked at her, he chuckled. "What?".

"Nothing, just so happy to see two of my favorite persons happy.".

"I have become one of your favorite persons?".