7. Tyke

Manik: Soha, tell your father to hold for some months. I have a few foreign projects and even Ayush is too young.

   Soha wanted to kill anyone who came in her way. Even though she smiled and nodded at Manik, she couldn't erase the indirect rejection.

    Soha took a swig from her glass of beer near the bar counter. 

    Soha had bragged about getting married to the top bachelor of the country with her friends. 

    Now when Soha's friends were taunting her for showing off, Soha couldn't sit idol. 

     She looked at the baby which was the reason for her embarrassment and insults.

     'To get to Manik, you need to eliminate the pest.' Her thoughts were going wild with the amount of alcohol in her system.

Soha: You... Whatever your name is! Nyonika mom has asked for Baby Ayush. Give him to me.

     Nandini was wary of Soha and even she wanted to go to the washroom.

Nandini: It is ok mam. I will take him to Mrs Malhotra.

     Soha was about to lose control when another voice interrupted her.

Mukti: It's ok Nandini, she is to be Malhotra so I think she can take Ayush safely.

     Soha smirked inwardly of her plan being a success. 

      Mukti was Manik's childhood friend, she was excited about Manik's wedding and was pushing Soha to become good in the eyes of Manik who refused to give any attention to Soha.

      Nandini handed Ayush to Soha unwillingly. 

     Soha took a crying Ayush who never wanted to be with the woman he was being held.

Nandini: Ma... Mukti, please excuse me. I will just go to the washroom.

     Mukti smiled and nodded as she will be looking after the bunch of kids.

     When Nandini came out she could see big chaos around her. 

      What she saw ahead made her tremble with fear. She saw a tent of catering burning and the most shocking thing was Ayush inside it.

     She didn't think twice before trying to get to a crying Ayush. She was about to enter the tent when a long burning log fell in front of her. 

      She used her handbag to jump to the other side. Taking the towel she brought from home. 

      She slid Ayush into it. Making sure he is covered fully, she again took the bag but now the fire had grown to the maximum extent

      When she was trying to find something useful thing, she saw a cylinder which would burst if the fire reached it's way to it.

      Keeping the bag aside, she tried lifting the cylinder with one hand as it was small and half the gas in it was empty.

        Successfully throwing the cylinder far away from the tent, she saw a small opening where she could get injured but she could pass the burning tent.

        She took her bag kept Ayush in it so she can save him from any injury and held the bag close to her heart.

       Closing her eyes, reminiscing all the gods and the chants which her mother thought she finally jumped from the tent.