12. Nipper

'It is not a good sign' Nandini thought as she was reminded of Kaya's words.

    Even though no one gave a thought to her words but her presence always was a threat to Ayush.

    Nandini heard a shrill cry of Ayush who just woke not finding anyone around him.

   'Attention seeker' Nandini shook her head taking Ayush in her arms.

    Arms around Nandini, Ayush kept on making sounds which earned a giggle from Mrs Malhotra who was just passing by the room.

    The silence in the room turned awkward.

    After the hospital apology, Nandini didn't make any effort to greet anyone in the house or talk to them.

    There was always an exception, that was none other than Manik. 

     After Kaya's incident, Nandini decided to go to Ayush's room where Manik brought breakfast for Nandini.

     Even though Nandini wanted to deny the breakfast but the rumbling stomach which made huge noise forced her to have.

     To her utter shock, even Manik had brought his breakfast with him and had with Nandini. No words were exchanged which she was thankful for.

    Coming out of her thoughts Nandini decided to proceed with her work.

Nandini: I have to bathe Ayush

     Taking it as an excuse Nandini entered the bathroom with Ayush. 

     After making Ayush ready in fresh clothes and applying Kajal, powder to the baby, Ayush slept soundly from all the crying during bathing.

     'Making a baby bath is a lot more difficult than rocket science' Nandini thought with a smile cleaning the dirty clothes of Ayush.

Manik: How did you know Kaya is telling lies?

     Startled by the sudden voice of Manik in the bathroom, Nandini quickly started collecting the washed clothes of Ayush.

Manik: Those work can be done using the washing machine.

Nandini: This is Ayush's urine and other clothes. It should be hand washed.

    Nandini said controlling her smile as the face made by Manik was hilarious with the newfound information.

    Manik couldn't imagine his suit or clothes smelling like poop or pee. 

    Manik shook his head to get out of his thoughts.

Manik: Any way you didn't answer my previous question.

Nandini: I ju... just read her face

Manik: You think you can fool me?

    Nandini sighed as she couldn't prolong the talking regarding it.

Nandini: During Zoya mam's pregnancy, I was the one who took care of her.

    Manik's face didn't change a bit. He somehow guessed it, maybe from the connection of Ayush and the girl in front of him.

Manik: I guess it was Adi's idea?

   Nandini slowly nodded at Manik.

Manik: I need a small help from you.

    Nandini looked into Manik's eyes which was a mistake now. The dark pool of his eyes hid a strange mystery.