Part 3

Randy POV

I felt strangely bad for Peter after having that little chat with him. Especially since I've been feeling strange toward the Blu engie; during the previous match he found me, but instead of shooting me and moving on, he pinned me against a wall and started kissing me. After a couple minutes he pulled away, winked then straight up left. In my defence I don't know one thing about romance period and I didn't know what to do, so I just let him. I had no idea what to do because I'd not once kissed with a girl let alone a guy, however the hell that crap works. I never knew how to do it so I didn't really put much thought, saw no point.

I shook my head and decided to check on Jay, so I picked up my helmet and put it on. I slowly walked down the half-splintered hallway in my own thoughts. As I was walking, the Blu engie, THE BLU FUCKIN' ENGIE, passes me. His goggles were off, revealing the coldest blue eyes and his cheeks were burnt, he only took a momentary glance at me before looking away. I whispered, "What. The. Fuck..." He was actually very, very, uh... What was I talking about? Oh right, I was talking about... buckets? I think? I shook the thoughts again and reached the small room where Jay was resting in and peeked in the door crack. Poor guy, he wasn't looking to good; he had bags under his eyes and was breathing very shallowly.

Ned was running a couple of tests on him but I decided to knock anyway. The worn doctor opened the door after a moment and raised an eyebrow. "Uhhh, how's Jay?" I mumbled. Ned shook his head and gestured me to come into the room. "The condition he's in is looking pretty rough, but he can get over it quickly if we vaccum his lungs. Otherwise, therapy is our only option," Ned explained. I rubbed my forehead under my helmet and groaned. "Huh, well that sucks." I shrugged as the medic rolled his eyes at the comment. He snatched a clipboard from a nearby table and nervously flipped through the pages. "The fact that his lungs were already in bad shape from smoking makes it more so difficult to decide what to do for treatment."

"Hmm." This is hard. Ned puts all effort into healing his teammates, whenever one dies he paces and paces at the respawn area. He stressed way too much about the respawn glitching and killing another dead teammate, it only happened once with the Red engie. Dried sweat littered the white business shirt he wore, with even more covering his forehead. Ned acted as if this is serious enough to kill Jay. "Well, I think the best option is to see what he wants to do since both will work," I blurted out. Ned shook his head and sighed, "I suppose, though the process of vaccuming his lungs might go wrong somehow; in many ways, like if something happened with the sedation."

I shrugged, "Well, wake him up and see what he wants." Ned glared at me impatiently and sighed again. "Fine, it wouldn't hurt I guess." Out of habit, I let out a throaty chuckle and waved to the stressed German. I walked out of the room and down the hallway and turned a corner to meet Peter. He met an unsteady gaze at me and said, "Alright wanka, we need to actually talk." I gulped and then exclaimed, "Why aren't you resting?" He ignored my question and grabbed me by the shoulder, leading me into another room. I'll tell ya, Aussies are crazy.

Peter POV

While I was resting my eyes lost in my thoughts, I realized I wasn't gonna keep up no 'straight soldier' act after what I saw before the explosion, especially when Randy had the audacity to lie about not knowing what the 'gay stuff' was, according to him. I decided to confront him, I found him almost immediately and dragged him into an empty room. His cheeky facial expression was a mixed emotion of confusion and concern.

"So Randy," I rasped teasingly, "I heard from an owl you like kissing engineers." His eyes widened with even more confusion as a light cherry blush made him gulp nervously. "H-Huh?" I pointed my big finger in his face and said "I saw what you did with the enemy engie during the previous round. I see a lot, don't lie about being or acting gay when I'm still figuring out what's going on with my own feelings, wanka." He mumbled something to himself, probably something like 'buckets make me horny too', my best sarcastic guess. He sighed, "I don't know one thing about romance, Peter." I shook my head in disbelief and growled, "Then why was the Blu engie dominating ya?" He lowered his shoulders to a relaxed level and sighed, this time in a more pleased way.

"Because, man, that was my first ever kiss." I raised an eyebrow, then let a heaved cough rush from my chest. Catching my breath, he spoke again. "I've never had a romantic experience before, and I will admit to having some strange feels towards him. I didn't even know what to do when he dropped his gun and walk towards me with that welcoming smile. Let alone getting kissed up, so I just let him do it," he finally chuckled. "Did you and Jay ever kiss?" He added teasingly right back at me in an evening matter. I rolled my eyes and blushed, "Ah piss, not yet but the next time I see him I plan on doing so." Randy smiled awkwardly, "Could I watch?"

"No way, ya bloody wanka," I practically shrieked, feeling the blush burning away from my cheeks to my ears. Randy out a hearty laugh and waved his hands during the act. Casual Randy, just tryna buy time. "What're ya gon' do if there's some sorta truce or ceasefire?" He shrugged, as he usually does to counter many things said. "I dunno, get him a bucket or something?" I facepalmed just at that and rolled my eyes. "What, everyone loves buckets now? Randy, get him something he likes, not what you like." I sighed, rubbed my forehead. "Figure it out man, I'm gonna go find Jay," I coughed. Randy grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving. "Dude no, you're still in rough shape. Rest, this time sleep." Seriously? I wasn't feeling to jolly anyway, and wasn't feeling like fussing with the medic. So sighed and let Randy take me back to my room. I laid on the cot and put my hat over my eyes and waved a sloppy fairwell to the roughened soldier.