Chapter- 31

The giant monster was right in front of them. So furious, so ferocious. The deadly black pool of its eyes redder than the blood, it's scales were shining in dark, the sinister energy and the stench of blood were much more heavier than before. Even ten Rakus couldn't possibly make up one of it.

The three were fixed in their position like a statue, not daring to even breath. What if they alerted the monster in front of them. The fire had already been drained out of energy, so it was comparably darker than before.

The monster stretched it's long neck near the shore of the river, it passed right beside Jingyi.

Even though it was cold, Jingyi was sweating. It was precisely because he broke into cold sweat by seeing such a creature from a very, very close distance.

He silently gulped and hoped that the creature would just pass by him and never return.

But, sometimes it doesn't go as we wish.

The monster turned his head and looked at the meat that it just passed by. It's eyes were the same size of Jingyi's head. The golden flame orbs reflected Jingyi's sweaty face in it.

The once golden orb suddenly started turning into scarlet, and Jingyi could see the fangs from its mouth growing longer and sharper in that dim scarlet light.

Even though he only wanted it to be just a dream, he knew it was real.

That monster lunged over him. It was fast! Jingyi leaped several feels back.

Shizui burned several fire talisman for light, and searched for his sword.

JinLing shot three arrows at once with a perfect aim for it's eye. The monster felt the deflection in wind velocity near it's surrounding, it raised it's tail to cover the eye. The arrows struck with the hard tip of tail and crumbled into pieces at once.

Then, it whiped it's tail towards JinLing!

Crap!

He unseathed his sword with his right hand and tackled the heavy attack all by itself. If not for the fact that the sword was Suihua, it would have crumble into nothing but piece of metal and he would've already been drop dead. Not to mention the tail is poisonous.

Right then, an azure light flashed behind him and blasted on the tail. The monster retreated it's tail and ferociously howled.

"A-Ling! Are you okay?!" Shizui asked while summoning and shooting more exocrism talisman towards the monster.

"I'm fine!" JinLing shouted to reply.

"Hey!" They heard Jingyi calling them "How should we handle this monster?!"

"Let's drop that baby." JinLing suggested, "Maybe it'll calm down."

"Yes let's try it!" Both Shizui and Jingyi said in unison.

JinLing was about to take out the Quran pouch but before that he was once again whipped by the tail, thankfully this time it wasn't the tip. But the force was so great that he flew away and fell on the lake.

The put his head out of the water and inhaled a deep breath. Why's the water so salty?! Isn't it a lake?

He knitted his brows and remembered the red eyes from before and roar it gave when it first came out of the water.

On the other hand Shizui had summoned his giving. He played a single note which created a wave that slashed the huge rocks coming towards him at once, and helped Jingyi to fight against the dreadful Sea Monster.

Jingyi was keenly fighting at the same time. He was douging every attack swiftly whilst landing few attacks with his sword. No one could tell that Jingyi could actually ever be this level of serious unless someone saw it themselves.

The Sea Monster was fighting like a mad with them. The land was shaking and the rocks from above were falling. If they continued to fight like this, they would be buried here alive for eternity.

Suddenly, they heard a faint howl.

The Sea Monster was only a metre away from chomping Jingyi, while Jingyi was already ready to die. But that little howl, even though the voice was low, it was still clear. All of them heard it.

The Sea Monster suddenly turned it's head towards the source of the voice. It was statue for a while, then it gently wrapped it's tail around the little Sea Monster, that is, Raku.

It brought it near it's face. When they thought that the situation had settled down, it suddenly furiously ROAREDDDD right on little Raku's face.

Raku was scared out of its wits. JinLing hurriedly swam to the shore, whilst Jingyi tightly held his sword, and Shizui was ready to play a tune on his guqin.

But, out of blue, the Sea Monterey then hugged Raku and really did calm down. The two of them slowly submerged into the lake.

The three, only after minutes of mother-son pair's leaving sighed in relief.

"You know this lake isn't the water from river." JinLing suddenly said.

Both the Lans were perplexed.

JinLing had a faint smile painted on his face. He sighed which was lighter than the light inside, then said, "It's the tear of a mother."

"The drip sound from earlier was sound of mother Sea Monterey shedding her tears..." JinLing continued, "Well I guess."

"Yeah you're right A-Ling." Shizui said, "Before when Jingyi was fighting with the Sea Monster, I inquired the soul, it said that it was killed in the lake that was 250m or so ahead from here."

"Huh?" Jingyi was a little surprised, "That means it really did cried for her lost son. It cried so much that it formed a lake of her tears?"

"It could be." JinLing said.

The Sea Monster was indeed mad. But more than mad it was sorrowful. Which mother in this world could barely to part with its offspring? Whether it be human's or maybe animals. It's same, even for the monsters.

"Well..." Shizui interfered, "How are we going to go back now?"

Jingyi flatly replied, "From where we came- wait! The path is blocked!"

"It was bound to happen after so much of incidents." JinLing said while crossing his arms.

"Then do we have to wait until reinforcements arrive?" Jingyi asked.

"I guess so." Shizui said, "We can only hope. I know it will be difficult without food and water but-"

"No, I can actually sustain without food and water for a weak aleast." Jingyi cut him off, "What I'm terrified of is witnessing your lovey doveyness with my own eyes. Plus, I'm always left out."

Shizui; "Oh"

JinLing; "....."

A/N
Unedited :-D
So this chapter was basically action, action and only action, with a bit of motherly love as well. Hope you like it.

The next update might be late cz rn am really very sad. A friend of mine... I dunno if I'm allowed to address him as my friend, but he died today. And rn I can only blame myself for not helping him in a more proper way. I only gave him words and hugs, but I guess I didn't gave him my full support. We all have regrets right. I too have many in my life. But life is all about having regrets and then moving on.

Have a good day <3