DNA

Most people know that in the 1940's a Dr. Erskine was successful in creating a super solider serum. He used it on Steve Rogers who is now Captain America. Also widely known is that not long after the serum worked Dr. Erskine was shot and killed in that same lab.

He was the only one who knew the serum. No one else knew how to recreate it. Of course the first thing they did was take a crazy amount of samples from Rogers in a desperate attempt to figure the formula out.

They studied his DNA samples for years. They could never figure it out. After a few years they collected the samples and put them in a freezer to preserve them. The samples were eventually handed over to shield where they were placed in a safe.

A little while later it was discovered that a group called HYDRA was responsible for Dr. Erskine's death. Steve Rogers became "Captain America" and he went on the stop HYDRA and help win the war. Most people believed HYDRA was gone, boy were they wrong.

What they don't know is that a couple decades later some scientist at Shield got a brilliant idea. If they couldn't replicate the serum, why not use the DNA samples to create another person? Another super soldier.

That's where I come in. It's been like 35 years since they started this whole project. It took them awhile to actually figure it out and make it possible but now i'm 25. Shield created me in a test tube and once I was an actual baby, they sent me off to a safe place. A place to call home.

I lived in a small town in Iowa with a couple from Shield. We lived about an hour away from a shield base and when I was 9 years old I would go to this base and I was trained. I was homeschooled and got all my education from Shield or my parents.

Now I work for shield in New York. Before you ask... no. No I do not know the avengers. I don't really intend on knowing them. I don't think they know about me either, which was fine with me. I worked behind the scenes, finding threats and taking them out. I lead my own squad and i'm Shields super secret weapon.

I live my own life in a small apartment downtown. I have a lot of friends at Shield and i'm especially close with Maria Hill. She's like Fury's right hand. I work a lot with Fury trying to find and take down possible threats. He's nice to me but obviously being Fury, he isn't very close with anyone.

Today we were evaluating the threat of an object that had fallen into our atmosphere. After the battle of New York and the fall of the original shield, Nick had been on edge all the time. My team was being sent to investigate this mystery object.

When we land in Spain (where the object was) we are greeted by gunfire. HYDRA. I put on some gear.

"Ok! Listen up!! Get you gear on, load your guns. Looks like someone got here before us." I shout out to my squad.

The door opens and we run out in a group returning gun fire. I see a few of my men go down but we're definitely making a dent in their group. It seems like their people keep coming.

We stay fighting, both gunfire and physical fighting for what feels like forever. All the sudden, we hear the people across from us start to yell. It sounds like German.

"THE AVENGERS ARE HERE" is what I can hear after translating.

Damn it. We continue fighting until the entire enemy group is gone and it's just us and the avengers standing across from each other. I tell my men to stay back and I storm up to them, my helmet and gear still on.

"We had that" I say, furious.

The face cover of the infamous Tony Stark opens to reveal his face. "Who the hell are you?" He asks.

I pull my helmet off my face. My long y/h/c hair falls out and lands on my shoulders. "Agent Y/n. Shield." I say pulling my badge out of my vest. I show them my badge and i'm greeted by confused looks.

"Again i'll say. Why are you here?" I ask again.

The group of people look at each other and then look back at me. "We got a lead. HYDRA. They had tracked down this item. Wanted it. We followed the lead" Natasha or the black widow says firmly.

She's trying to intimidate me. "Fury said nothing of this. My mission is to take this back to Shied base and give it to Fury for investigation. You are not a part of this. So thanks for your help, but we got it from here." I say turning back around.

As i'm walking away I feel a hand on my shoulder. I grab the hand and flip the person over my shoulder, making them hit the ground. Hard.

The person groans. "I said i've got it Cap." I say coldly.

We load our cargo into the jet and once we're all in, I wave my fingers at the people still staring. The door closes and we go back to base.

Well, I for sure thought that would have gone differently.