Rising Order

I stood from the ground my arms and legs covered in cuts and bruises. I spit blood into the street. Now I was pissed. Now, I had to walk. I began to walk (well more like limp) down the street. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed a number. Not long after a car shows up. I get in the back of the car and before the driver can say anything "Drive" I say angrily.

The car speeds off down the empty street and angry thoughts race through my head.

We reach the Shield base and the car screeches to a stop. I open the car door and step out. I pull my badge from my back pocket and swipe it at the door, allowing myself in. I gain the attention of the people inside, probably because I literally looked like I had been blown up.

I limp all the way to the elevator and through the halls, pushing away anyone and everyone who tried to ensure I was ok. My eyes were set on Fury's office. I angrily slam the door open without knocking.

"Are you an absolute idiot Nick?! Could you really have not told me what it was before I came in? I ran into someone on my way here if you couldn't tell!" I motion to my bloody body. "I could have died Nick! As one of your trusted agents I would think that you could talk to me or WARN ME for gods sake!" I practically shout at him, sticking my finger in his face.

Fury raises his eyebrows and take in my injuries. I take a step back and look around me. The avengers were in the office as well.

"For gods sake Fury what the hell is going on?" I say, this time I shout.

I close the door of the office after realizing that the people outside were watching. I lean against the door, resting and relieving some of the pain.

"What happened to you?" A voice speaks up from beside me. I turn to see a concerned Bucky. I give a little laugh.

"Well I was on my way here and I was hijacked. Some person threw and explosive under my car, made it flip. Then the asshole cams at me with a katana. I fought back and managed to get him to the ground. He knew my name. I got the cloth off his face. He-I don't think he was human. He called himself apart of the Rising Order? Not a good guy. He made the ground erupt from beneath me, flip me in the air. When i got back up-" I start.

"Ah there we go! Another way you're like Capsicle here!" Tony exclaim giddily.

I whirl around to face him. "What did you just say?" I ask coldly.

I search the eyes of the rest of them. They looked either taken aback or maybe a little scared? My eyes goes back to Fury. "Anymore surprises?" I ask angrily.

Fury takes in a deep breath. "Look this might take a while and my office is small. Take a small break and meet me in the meeting room in 10." He motions to his door and the avengers around me start to leave the office and nod in agreement. I scoff and push my way past them. I walk to the coffee cart at the end of the hallways and grab a cup. Reaching hurts my arm and makes me grunt. Ow.

Someone else grabs my cup from my hand. "Let me." A voice says.

I turn my head every so slightly. Bucky. He puts the cup in place and once the coffee has poured to the top, he places a lid on it and hands it to me. I answer with a half smile. "Thanks" I say. He nods.

"Bucky?" I ask. He turns to me again.

"Yea?"

"At HYDRA.... did they ever mention a Risingg Order? Anything like it?" I ask quietly, looking over my shoulder.

He stops for a moment. "No. I don't think so." He responds.

I look away. I hear his footsteps quiet and I take a sip of the coffee. If this wasn't HYDRA. What the hell was it. I clean my face up in the bathroom and try to clean some of the blood off. I make my way to the meeting room and take my seat. I'm the first one in there. I sit in the chair and cross my legs. I can't help but tap my foot. I was anxious. Not scared. I never got scared.

It didn't take long for everyone else to file into the room. They all sat and the avengers talked quietly. Fury came into the room at exactly ten minutes, not a second before or after. Fury doesn't sit, instead he stands at the end of the table and pulls up a screen on the screen in front of us.

"Rising Order. They've been working underground for what we believe to be quite some time now. They have been using alien technology to build weapons and enhance humans possibly. We believe they are affiliated with HYDRA." He informs us pointing to pictures on the screen.

"With all due respect sir, that's not HYDRA." I disagree.

Everyone looks at me again. I just look the director in the eyes. "I looked into that mans eyes, and I have looked into many HYDRA agents eyes. In HYDRA they look for control, power even. This man had a lust for pain, chaos. It was the look of a monster if you ask me. I don't know exactly what we're dealing with, but we need to find out before this blows up and becomes even worse." I say expressing the concern on my face.

Fury nods. He trusts me. The others, not so much.

"How can you tell the difference by looking into their eyes?" A curious god asks me.

I turn to him and relax my face. "Trust me. I've seen some serious shit in my life ok?" I say, almost threatening.

I direct my eyes back to Fury. "Y/n, you said the man knew your name?"

I nod my head. What was he thinking?

"I see..." He starts.

I glance around the room to see that everyone else was aware Fury was deep in thought.

"Ok, Y/n pack your bags. You will be staying at the tower with the rest of my crew until we can get this under control." He finally tells us.

"Sir-" I start in protest.

"Y/n whoever they were, they knew who you were. That could mean they know about Project Omega."

"Sir, I'm perfectly capable of defending myself. I'm a super soldier for christ's sake!" I protest.

"You would stand a hell of a lot better chance of you were surrounded by people. I'm sure my team would be more than willing-" Fury defends himself.

"Pardon the interruption, but I don't remember offering up our home Fury." Tony also protests.

"Cmon Tony. There's no reason not to, and it doesn't do any harm." Rogers argues.

The two get into it and I give Nick a very concerned look. If you could read my face, it would read: "Please don't leave me with this crazy people."

It made him laugh but I saw no humor in it. I take a deep breath. Well, I guess I was doing this.

"Go home Y/n, pack your things." Fury pushes. I rub my eyes. It was most definitely too early for this.

LAST UPDATE: 01/29/21 8:45pm