Traitor

The jet touched down in a cornfield somewhere in Indiana. The place Sarah had logged on her phone was about a five minute walk from here. We all unloaded and once the jet was locked up, we started the trek through all the corn. There was more than I thought. 

Once we emerged from the tall stalks a small building came into view. The area was very rural and there was close to no one in the surrounding area. I pulled a gun from my waist band and cocked it. 

"Ready?" I asked with determination showing clearly on my face. 

"Lets do it." Sam responded. 

We all approached the building in small groups. Sam, Jordan, Bucky, Wanda, and I took the South side while other groups took the North, West, and East sides. There was a door a few feet in front of us. Jordan pulled his helmet over his face and Bucky rolled his shoulders. 

"On my go." I said quietly.

Jordan nodded. He was used to me leading on our missions so I wasn't worried about him. Sam and Bucky were a different story. I honestly don't even know why they were put in the same group. They were like a married couple, bickering every five seconds. Although, I learned that when I shoot them a glare they shut up. 

I counted down with my fingers and on one, I pushed the door open, lifted my gun, and rushed inside. I scanned the room but it was just a dark room. White sheets covered the furniture and the smell of dust and mold made my nose wrinkle. 

"Over there. A door." Jordan pointed to the far wall.

I nodded my head and quickly walked to the door. We repeated the same procedure with this door and it opened to a larger room. The lights were on in this room and it looked to be a storage room. For a small building this room seemed large enough to get lost in. 

"Split up. Search everything." Bucky ordered. 

I glanced back at him and smirked. He winked in return. Yea that made me roll my eyes.

I turned the corner and allowed my gun to lead the way. I heard everyone else's footsteps get quieter as we got farther from each other. Each time I reached a corner I held my breath. Eventually, I reached a wall. It was dead silent in the room which only added to the tension. Silence. 

I paused for a moment and heard a door burst open somewhere nearby. 

"JESUS STEVE." Someone shouted. 

"Sorry." A meek voice responded. 

I couldn't help but laugh. My laugh stopped abruptly when I heard something shift near me. My ears perked up as I moved to where the quiet noise made it's presence. As I walked down a slight hallway the fall of my footsteps started to make a different type of sound. I crouched to the ground and gently knocked on the floor beneath me. Hollow... A smile spread across my face. The bad guys loved to think they were smart, but they were never smart enough.

I put my gun back into safety and pushed it back into it's holster. I dug my fingers between the floorboards and gently lifted it. I moved it over to the side and looked around me. I was alone. I placed my hands on either side of the floor and look through the whole. It looked way more elaborate down below than it did up here. It still looked like an office but different in a way. There was a glass room off the side that looked similar to an observation room and another room that had blood dripping down the walls. My mind immediately went to a dark place. 

I started to lift myself back up but then something made my heart drop. A foot on my back sent me down into the hole. The moment I started falling I grabbed my gun and clicked it off safety. I turned in the air to face my attacker but no one was there. 

I landed on my feet but you can bet your ass it made an incredibly loud noise. The dozen or so people gather in front of me quickly turned to face me. I honestly don't think I was ready for what I saw. Some of them looked normal but the others had distorted faces or features that didn't look human. There confused eyes quickly turned angry and I shot my gun straight up in the air. I sure as hell hoped someone heard my signal otherwise I was screwed. 

I furrowed my brows and drew another gun from my side. A man with a scar running down his entire face squinted his eyes and smirked at me. I just cocked my head in return, my eyes daring him to make a move. 

He whispered something to the woman beside him. She giggled and then she was gone. The hell? All the sudden she was beside me. I shot at her leg but the bullet just hit the floor. Then I took a punch to my gut. That bitch. A gust of wind blew beside my and one of my guns was gone. I gasped quietly and then the corners of my mouth turned. Enough. No one takes my toys. 

 The next time she started to run past me I moved with incredible reflex and stuck my arm out. This caused her to roll over my arm and onto the ground. A quick punch to the face ended her fun. 

I rolled my neck. Who's next. Another loud noise behind me made me quickly turn. Finally someone else showed up. It didn't take long for the others to drop in. 

"Advanced." I breathed out. "The girl on the ground was fast. Not sure about the others." 

We outnumbered the rest of them and it didn't take long for us to subdue them. Some gave in immediately while others didn't go down without a fun. Just for a recap: we had fast girl, stretchy boy, water boy, and strong man. The others didn't display their abilities. 

Because we didn't know exactly what they did, we played it safe and knocked them all out before loading them onto the jet. We took them to the nearest SHIELD building where they would be taken care of and prepped for movement to headquarters. 

Afterwards, we went back to the building. I made sure to take plenty of pictures and samples from all over the place. I was going to figure this out. The only thing that continued to puzzle me was who pushed me. 

Hey again! Two updates in one day?! Crazy haha. 

Last update: Thursday July 29 2021 - 8:45