Gym

I wake up early the next morning and sit up in my bed. I stretch and walk over to the closet. I realize I hadn't unpacked yet and sighed. That was on today's to do list. I walk back over to where I had left my bags yesterday and dig through them to find my gym clothes. I change into shorts and a tank top and put my hair into a ponytail.

I crack open the door leading to the hall and peek out. All the doors were closed and I didn't hear anything. I assumed they were all asleep and I left my room. I tried to close the door as quietly as I could.

Gonna be honest I had no idea where I was going but I had to figure it out. I sigh and start walking down a hallway. I reach the kitchen area and recognized it from yesterday. I find my way to the elevator and click the button. Once it arrives I step inside and look around for some kind of guide. Nothing.

"Damn it." I whisper. "Why can't Stark just have a map to the gym?!" I groan in frustration.

"Would you like directions to the gymnasium?" I voice asks overhead.

I throw my hands up. "The hell? Who's there?" I ask.

"Hello, my name is Jarvis. I am Mr. Starks AI assist. I also help everyone else who lives in the tower." The voice says.

I lower my hands. Impressive. "Oh then um yea directions to the gym would be great."

The AI directs me to the gym and I open the double doors. Woah. The gym was complete with a pool, boxing ring, several weight lifting sets, treadmills, shooting range, and punching bags. It's like a field agent's candy store.

I smirk and put my headphones on. I strut over the the treadmill and do a quick warm up. When i'm done with that I start punching and kicking the punching bags.

I'm too distracted by my music that I don't notice when a few people come in from outside.  I can hear quiet talking after a few minutes so I pause and take off my headphones. I glance over my shoulder and see Steve, Bucky, Sam, and Nat sitting around the boxing ring. I chuckle at the sight of the exhausted group and I guess it caught one of their attentions.

"Yo! Want in?" Sam asks and tilts his head towards the ring.

I laugh. "I'll pass." I respond.

"Scared?" I hear someone taunt just as i'm about to put my headphones back on.

I whip around and see Bucky smiling. I raise an eyebrow and throw my hands up. "Hey just remember you asked for it ok?" I say taking off my boxing gloves.

I jog over to the boxing ring and duck under ropes. I see Steve,Sam, and Nat sitting over to the side watching with interest and suspicion. I hadn't formally met anyone but Bucky yet so this was kind of awkward.

"Whenever you're ready." Bucky says, the corner of his mouth going up.

I smirk and run at him. I act as if i'm going to punch but duck down and ram into his stomach instead. I reach down and grab his legs causing him to fall onto his back. I hear the whir of his arm reaching up to me and I duck as it swings at me. I take a step back allowing him to stand.

"Don't pull your punches tin man." I taunt him now.

He scoffs. He pushes off the rope and comes at me again. I run at him and we meet at the middle. I duck and roll on the floor, ending up behind him. I kick the back of his knees and grab his actual arm. I pull it back causing him to grunt and I push his back until he hits the ground. I push his arm into his back and put my other foot on his metal arm.

"Ok ok." The soldier says defeated.

I smile and hop off his back. I turn my back to him for a split second. A second later, without turning I catch his metal arm and side step. I push his arm back towards him, making him stumble.

I smile again and duck out from under to ropes, exiting the ring. I look over my shoulder to see them astounded. I smirk. "What did you expect?" I taunt as I exit the gym.

That was priceless. As I reach the elevator and step in a see Bucky running towards me. I sigh and hold the elevator. He steps into the elevator and stands beside me.

"Where'd you learn to fight like that?" He asks intrigued by my skills.

I smile thinking of my training. "I was Shields super soldier project, I guess I was trained really well."

He laughs. "Yea. You should train with us in the mornings. We go for runs and then practice sparring. You'd be great." He offers.

"Maybe. I'll think about it." I say.

The elevator dings and opens to reveal the rest of the team around the kitchen and living room. I pause for a moment. This was awkward. A few of them look up at me as I walk through the room. Bucky's still beside me.

"Tin man that really the best nickname you can think of?" He jokes as we reach the hallway.

I chuckle. "I guess it just came out. Probably better than the other ideas I had." I smirk.

"Wait what other ideas? You been thinking about me y/l/n?" He asks.

I roll my eyes as we reach my door. I open my door and turn to him. "You flirting with me Barnes?" I ask, tauntingly.

He raises and eyebrow and cocks his head. I laugh and close my door, leaving him out in the hallway.

I glide over to the bathroom and take a quick shower. Maybe I was thinking of him... So what?

Once i'm done I change into some casual clothes. I let my wet hair rest on my shoulder and I sit at my desk. I open up my computer and click through my notifications. I get through most of them but then I reach one from an unknown origin. How was that possible?

I open the message.

Hello Y/n,
We know your secret. We know what you are. You can warn your friends all you want, but just know we always get what we want. No matter the cost. Right now, we want you. Cooperate or else we have some very valuable things. Your jewels.

             -Rising Order

I widen my eyes. They knew. They were threatening me. The bastards would pay for that. I save the message and close my computer. I grab my cell phone and dial in a number.

It rings for a moment but then someone answers. "Hello? This is the emergency line whats happening?" A familiar voice responds.

"Director? Yea it's Y/n, we have an issue."

Last update: 02/01/21 3:25pm