Home base

We land at the New York base and I grab the case with the mystery object and strut into the building.

We get into an elevator. "So, anyone got any plans this weekend? Doing anything with mystery girl Jordan?" I ask with a smirk on my face. I turn to my colleague and see him roll his eyes.

"Maybe" He says smiling.

"Anyone up for drinks after this?" I ask glancing around the packed elevator. Most of them nod. I smile as the elevator opens. I'm greeted by the smiling face of Maria Hill.

I'm walk up next to her and we start walking side by side.

"So i'm guessing you knew they were going to be there?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

She turns her head to me and sighs. "Nick told me after you left. I would have warned you..."

I wave her off. "Nah it's ok. Kind of a bummer though. It was going so smoothly." I say just as we opened the door the Fury's office.

She smiles at me as I walk in. I look around me to not only see the director but also the entirety of the avengers team.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me?!" I say in frustration.

I get a look from Fury and the team stares at me.

"Yea who the hell is this and why did you decide not to tell us?" says a sarcastic Tony.

I roll my eyes. "First off, it was my squads mission first smartass. With all due respect director, we had that handled." I say directing my glare back to Fury.

"Yea you sure looked like you were doing fine with all those bullets raining down on you." Says someone quietly from the opposite corner.

I whip around. "Look I don't care if you guys are the avengers or hero's or whatever but I know what i'm doing ok? Not all the good guys get fancy costumes or a name in the news. I don't need that kind of attention to do what I do. Back off." I hiss.

The man with long dark hair looks offended. I just smile in satisfaction. I hadn't seen him before.

My attention is brought back to Fury. "Play nice agent Y/n. I sent in the avengers just in case. From what i've heard you needed the help." He says narrowing his eyes.

I hear a chuckle from beside me. I take a deep breath. Refocus. I toss the case onto the desk.

"Either way sir, here is the object in question. We recovered it with... no issue. It doesn't seem harmful but I can bring it to the lab for analysis?" I say steadily.

He nods. I grab the briefcase's handle and drag it off the table. I turn and leave the office, fuming.

I hear footsteps behind me. "So, who are you really? I know you've got to be special somehow. You flipped over a freaking super soldier. So, what's your deal?" Speaks the infamously annoying Stark.

I don't say anything.

"Fine, i'll do some digging. I'll find out."
He calls after me after he stops.

I scoff. No he won't. I reach the lab and the automatic doors glide open. The lab is filled with dozens of people. I walk between the lab stations until I reach a table at the end of the room.

"Got a present for you!" I say gaining the attention of the young woman at the table in front of me.

She looks up and smiles. "Y/n! How was the mission?" She asks and then looks back down at her work.

"Oh you know, the usual. Oh except the avengers showed up and totally ruined the moment." I say angrily.

This catches her attention. "The avengers?! That's crazy?! There something in the case?" She asks.

I push it towards her. She opens it up and a red light illuminates her face. Her eyes fill with wonder and curiosity.

She closes the case and pushes it to the side. "I'll add it to my list!" She smiles.

I lean against the table. "Me and some of the squad are going out for drinks tonight, wanna come?" I ask her, but I thought I already knew the answer.

She tilts her head,but keeps her eyes on the computer in front of her. "Uhhh maybe another time, i'm free this weekend." She suggests.

I sigh. "Yea I figure you'd say that. My place, Saturday night?" I ask.

She looks up briefly and nods. I smile and tap the table. "Ok well i'll see you Jules." I sigh and walk away.

It's around 6 now and it was my time to leave. I swipe my card and flash the security guard a smile. I swing open the doors and walk to my car. It didn't take me too long to get home.

Once I got there, I took a quick shower and changed into a little dress. I pull my hair back into a ponytail and put on some flats.

I grab a small bag and fill it with cash, my badge, and a small knife. Can never be too cautious right?

I reach the bar at 8. I wander in and search the whole room for my friends. I spot a few of them sitting around a table and I smile. I approach the group and sit down.

I immediately notice Jordan chugging a beer bottle.

"No date?" I ask cautiously.

Another one of my friends responds for me. "She bailed..poor dude."

I nod and pt him on the back. "Her loss." I assure him.

We sit around the table and joke for a few hours. We were all pretty close. It's around 10 when the doors swing open again.

A loud group walks through the door and sits at the bar. I roll my eyes and turn back to my people.

"I don't think I can handle any more of this today." I whine.

My friends laugh. Loudly. This gains the attention of the others around us. I stand from my seat. "I should head out.." I start to say. My friends protest this but I continue to walk away. I almost reach my car when i'm stopped.

"Hey, i'm uh sorry about today.." Says a familiar voice.

I turn to see Rogers.

"It's fine. Just let me do my thing. We may not all be super hero's, but we can handle ourselves." I taunt.

Steve cocks his head. "What do you mean not all of us?" He asks slowly.

I just smile and open my car door. "Oh, Fury didn't tell you?" I ask sarcastically. I widen my smile and close the door behind me. I look into my back mirrors as I drive away to see a confused Steve watching me.

Hey I know this story is probably a little slow moving but I promise it will get more interesting soon! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote! <3