Field Trip Pt 1

"Actually, there is a way you can help." I smirk.

He looks at me confused and raises an eyebrow. My smile only grows.

"Fury made you guys my babysitters. I have places I need to go for information. Come with me, then technically everyone's following the rules." I slyly suggest.

He glances down to the ground. "I don't know.... Fury still doesn't trust me and I don't wanna-" He starts.

"Fury told me to figure it out, i'm just following orders in the way I need to. I'll take the blame if things go south. I just wanna do a little recon, just two or three stops." I sigh.

I can sense the discomfort in his face as he shifts against the door frame.

"Please." I plead. "I'm going to go stir crazy in here. I need to do something."

He sighs and looks down the hallway. "Meet me in the garage in 20." He says before pushing off the door and walking away.

I smile. I was going on a field trip.

I close the door and glide to my closet. I put on a pair of pants and a professional looking blouse. I grab my sunglasses off the desk in the corner and slide them into onto the top of my head.

I file through my bags to find my shield bag and shove it into my pocket. I pull on a pair of boots and stand up straight. The drawer closest to the door contained a key for the lock on the door to the room. I grabbed this key and stuff it in the same pocket as my badge.

As I creep to my door I try to remain as quiet as possible. When I press my ear to the door I hear only silence. Go time.

I open the door ever so slightly and peek out. The coast was clear. I slip out the door and close it quietly behind me. I use the key in my pocket to lock the door behind me.

I guide myself to the stairs and climb down them keeping my ears open. I reach the lowest level: the garage. The heavy door had a small window and through that window you could see a man pacing the side of a car.

I smile before pushing the door open and walking up to the car.

"Ready?" I smirk.

Bucky just shakes his head and gets into the car.

I laugh before getting into the passenger seat. Once the car door closes, we take off out of the garage. The midday sunlight beams down through the windshield as we leave the building.

I smile as it warms me up immediately.

"Where to?" Bucky asks as we enter the street.

"First stop is my apartment." I say giddily.

It doesn't take long to get there, I didn't live far. Bucky parks next to the sidewalk and turns off the car. I push open my door and step onto the sidewalk.

The sidewalks were busy as usual so I pushed my way to the building entrance. Bucky followed not far behind me and we entered the building together. We took the elevator up to my floor and we got out at the ding. I walked down the hall and found the familiar door.

I smile at the familiarity. I open the door and walk inside. While it's true I had been back here after the incident, I hadn't looked thoroughly. I didn't even think there was a reason to.

"What are we looking for?" Bucky asks as I start sifting through my things.

"I'm looking for anything out of place. You just look for anything that's doesn't look like it belongs." I say looking under the table in front of the couch.

"There's no way this belongs here!" I hear Bucky call out.

I hop up from the floor and quickly walk to find him.

He's standing in my bedroom. In my closet. There's a mischievous look on his face as he holds up a dress.

I glare at him and roll my eyes.

"I never took you for a dress gal" He says studying there dress.

"Gal? You are such an old man." I laugh and stroll back into living room.

Wait. I stop dead in my tracks. That didn't look right. I take a step back and look down the short hallway. A floorboard was every so slightly lifted out of place.

I quickly walk over to the floorboard and squat down to examine it. It was barely lifted but I knew my apartment. This wasn't just any floorboard though, I kept my important things in it.

I grab tissues from a table at the end up the hallway and use it to lift the floorboard. I set it aside and view the empty compartment. Inside the compartment used to be a small gun, extra cash, a small file with my own projects, and a dagger. The dagger was special though. The dagger was made to kill with the slightest penetration of skin. It was designed to kill super soldiers....

It was strange that whoever opened the compartment even knew it was there. I only told work friends. That would mean someone at work could be working against us. I didn't know who to trust.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and take pictures of the empty compartment from every possible angle. I can sense Bucky's presence from behind me.

I snap my fingers at him. "Go into the kitchen and grab some tape and some flour. Quickly!" I say frantically. I could see a partial finger print on the floorboard.

Bucky runs to the kitchen and comes back moments later with my materials. I snatch them from him and work quickly to lift the fingerprint. I examine the fingerprint on the piece of tape as I hold it up to the light.

I place another piece of tape over the original one, trapping and securing the fingerprint.

I grab a large place bag from the kitchen and drop the tape inside. "And so it begins." I mumble.

Last update: 02/17/21 9:46pm

Hey guys! I know it's been awhile since i've updated but i'll try and do better. I just haven't had much inspiration and I didn't want to write chapters that weren't good. Thank you all for reading we're almost to 1k views! Love y'all!