7. Worried Parents

(Sorry for the long wait. But I'm back! Hope you enjoy the chapter)

I ran as fast as I could, not looking back for a second. Tree branches flew forward, hitting me in the face. I felt blood trickle down my forehead and cheeks. I blinked furiously when a drop of blood fell into my eye, causing me to stop running.

"Ow, fuck fuck fuck" I cursed as I tried to rub the blood out of my eye. "That is not a pleasant feeling"

What the fuck is happening to my life? I just wanted to go to school like a normal kid, but life had to be a bitch and get me into this mess. Why did those three troublemakers decide to bother me and Mason? Is it because he's the son of the Mayor and I'm daughter of the pumpkin king? 

I looked around and groaned, it was getting dark. Now, I'm late. Dad is going to suspect something. 

There's that feeling...that terrible feeling. I'm being watched. I didn't wait around to see if it was paranoia or real. I dashed through the forest, getting more scratches and bruises. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the town.

I slowed down and walked hesitantly into the town. I kept my head down, hoping no one would see the small cuts and bruises that were scattered across my skin. 

"Y/N" I looked up, recognizing the voice.

"Mason?" I asked. Sure enough Mason was there, his eyes were wide.

"Wh-what happened?" Mason questioned in worry.

"I..." Should I tell him? I don't want to risk him getting hurt. "I got lost in the woods and got a few cuts because of the tree branches"

"W-why the h-hell were you in th-the woods?" Mason asked.

"I wasn't paying attention and wandered into them by accident" I answered. "What are you doing outside"

"L-looking for you!" He answered.

"Why were you looking for me?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion.

"The whole t-town is! Wh-when you didn't c-come home, y-your dad l-lost it. H-he got everyone to s-start looking" Mason explained.

"Oh no...I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow" I said quickly. 

"Oh, b-bye" Mason called as I ran home. I opened the door and was tackled in a hug.

"Hey mom, hey dad" I said sheepishly.

"Hey?! You vanish for an hour without telling us where you are and all you say is 'hey'" Mom said frantically.

"How did you get these cuts and bruises?!" Dad asked in worry.

"I got lost in the woods and got scratched up by some tree branches" I answered.

"The woods? You do realize that oogies layer is in the woods, right? Why were you in the woods if you knew that!" Dad asked, raising his voice. I stepped back a bit, he's scary when he's angry.

"I wasn't paying attention and accidentally wandered into the woods" I explained.

"You're in big trouble! Go take care of those cuts and we'll decide your punishment" Dad said sternly. I nodded and sadly walked up the stairs. 

I grabbed some pajamas and walked into the bathroom. I finally had a full view of what I looked like. My hair was messy, I had a bruise on my jaw and my face was covered in cuts. There was blood surrounding my eye, plus the blood that was dripping from the scratches.

Those stupid, vile, evil little monsters! Why me? What did I do to deserve this? Why can't they just leave me alone? I swear if they weren't already dead, I would kill them! 

(Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)