23. Parents

(The picture above is from kookie._.pop on Instagram. Please go check them out)

"Before we leave" Shock began. "Y/N, come with me"

"Where are you going?" Lock asked. 

"None of your business" Shock childishly answered. Lock crossed his arms and sent a glare her way. 

"It's fine, Lock" I reassured him. 

"Whatever," He said as he walked to another part of the library, Mason and Barrel following him. I felt a bit bad and was about to walk after them, but Shock pulled me in her direction. 

We went to the bookshelf we were at previously and I grew flustered, remembering how she had pinned me to the shelf recently. She picked up the book we were looking at previously and turned to smile at me. 

"You said you wanted to get it" She smiled. 

"I did, didn't I?" I recounted. 

"Earlier...when you said we were supposed to be enemies" Shock began. "I don't want that. I mean, before I met you I assumed I would despise you, but I really don't. I don't want to be your enemy"

"I don't want to be your enemy either, Shock," I said softly. "My Dad told me that you three would be bad influences on me"

"Well, you're Dad's a stuck-up asshole" She scoffed. 

"Hey!" 

"Sorry..." She let out a sigh. 

"To be fair, you three bullied Mason. And...that incident in the forest" I sheepishly pointed out. 

"Right...Sorry, for making you cry, by the way," She awkwardly looked down. 

"I...I accept your apology" I said quietly. She chuckled at that. 

"You sound so posh" She looked up at me, a blush painted across her cheeks. I was surprised, and even more so when she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me towards her face. 

"Sh-shock" I stuttered in embarrassment. 

"Just...Just shush for a moment, alright?" She asked. I nodded and she gently pushed me against the shelf. She placed her hands on the side of my face and gazed into my eyes. I wanted to say something but decided against it. "Princess...you won't say anything about this to Lock or Barrel, right?"

"About what?" I asked. She smiled and rubbed her thumb on my cheek. "Shock...what are you doing?"

"Why?" She asked. "Do you like it?"

She took one of her hands off my face and placed it on my waist, using her pointer finger to grip onto the inside of my pants. My eyes went wide and my cheeks heated up. I placed my hand on hers and gently pushed it away. 

"Shock...we're in public" I muttered nervously. A smirk danced across her features. She placed a light kiss on my neck and moved away. "What was all that?"

"What do you want it to be, princess?" She asked. 

"Well..." I trailed off. I liked it if I was being honest. I was just embarrassed because we were in public, and people could see. She was a huge tease, but I liked when she held my face and looked into my eyes. "I- um..."

"I'll give you a while to think about it, princess," She said as she squeezed my waist, causing my cheeks to heat up. 

*3rd Person p.o.v*

Jack and Sally frantically ran through Halloween Town in search of their daughter and Mason. The whole town was searching now, apart from Oogie Boogie, who was watching it all unfold in delight, from the comfort of his lair. 

"She's never been gone this long?" Sally cried as she held onto Jack. "Where could she be?"

"I wish I knew, sweetheart" He sighed as he caressed her red locks. His eye sockets went wide when he realized something. "Oogie"

"You don't think..." She trailed off. He nodded. He gripped onto her hand, being careful not to break the thread that kept it attached to her arm. 

They reached the woods and were able to find his lair because they had been there before. They found an easier way to get in, without falling. At first, they didn't see the man, who was hiding in the shadows. But, Sally was able to catch sight of him. 

"There he is" She pointed to the monster, who held a green, eerie aura. 

"Jack...Sally" Oogie spoke. "Nice to see you again"

"Enough with that" Jack snapped. "Where's Y/N?" Oogie raised an eyebrow. 

"You lost the pumpkin princess? Your own daughter. Such a shame" Oogie clicked his tongue. 

"We didn't lose her..." Sally mumbled in despair. 

"It seems you did" Oogie chuckled. 

"We know you have her!" Jack accused in anger. Oogie seemed a bit shocked but regained his composure. 

"Now, why would I have your daughter?" Oogie asked, allowing himself to walk out of the shadows. 

"Because of what happened last time we crossed paths" Sally piped up. "We defeated you, so you would obviously be revengeful"

"While you may be right about that" Oogie began. "I don't have your daughter"

"Where are your henchmen?" Jack asked. "I need to have a little talk with them"

"I wish I could help you, however" Oogie grinned. "I haven't seen them since yesterday. Quite the coincidence, isn't it?"

"Oh no," Sally held her face in her hands. 

"No...they wouldn't" Jack whispered in shock. "Would they?"

"You don't think my kids took your daughter" Oogie sounded a bit offended. 

"Your kids?" Sally repeated. She and Jack always assumed Oogie only saw them as henchmen. 

"I...I didn't say that" Oogie denied, shaking his head. "She couldn't have gone far. Halloween Town is small"

"Why are you trying to help us?" Jack asked. 

"I'm not" He scoffed. "I was just stating a fact"

"Do you think Lock, Shock, and Barrel would take her?" Jack questioned. Oogie hesitated, his eyes trailing to the side. 

He wasn't sure. He thought it was possible, especially with how obsessed they seemed to be. But, at the same time, maybe that would stop them from kidnapping her. If they truly cared about her. 

"No, I don't think they would forcefully take her" Oogie answered. "Maybe me, but not them. Not forcefully, at least"

"Are you implying she could have gone with them willingly? Because Mason is missing too, and he wouldn't" Jack stated. 

"I'm not implying anything. I'm simply speaking my mind" Oogie spat. 

"Jack..." Sally whispered. Jack looked down at her, not hesitating to give his undivided attention to her. "We gave her the letter from her Mom"

"I know" He nodded. "What does that have to do with it?"

"What if she went looking for her. In the human world" Sally looked distressed and worried. "We have to find the letter. Maybe it said that her real parents were alive and that's why she left"

"But, that wouldn't explain where Mason went," Jack said. 

"Mason's her best friend, she probably asked him to go with her" Sally replied. "Mason would follow her anywhere"

"Okay, but what about Lock, Shock, and Barrel?" Jack asked. 

"I don't know" Sally shook her head. "They could've followed her. All I know is she can't handle the human world. It's far too dangerous"

"I hate to say this" Jack turned to Oogie. "But, thank you. For the small amount of help, you were"

(Hope you enjoyed it! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)