25. Lock's Breakdown

(Cosplay above is by fanini_rb on Instagram! Please go check them out)

*3rd person p.o.v*

Waking up was never Lock's forte. And it wasn't exactly something he looked forward to. Shock and Barrel knew better than to ever try to wake him up. And Oogie never really cared when he woke up, as long as he did before it was dark out again. 

So, he was a little more than pissed when he was awoken from his sleep before the sun had even begun to rise. He kept his eyes closed, hoping whoever it was would get the hint and leave him alone. But they didn't. They tapped his stomach and tugged on his shirt. 

"Get the fuck- Oh...Y/N," He said in realization. 

"Sorry..." She apologized sheepishly. 

"Why are you up?" Lock asked in a groggy voice. Any anger he had previously felt was gone now. 

"I..." She trailed off. "I heard something and it woke me up. I couldn't fall asleep again, so I-"

"-So you decided to bother me?" he finished. 

She nodded. "Precisely,"

Her hand was still gripping his shirt and he shivered. Not because he was cold. He realized the position they were in. Y/N's hands gripping the unbuttoned folds of his shirt, her head quite close to his chest. He had his arms wrapped around her waist, tightly. Lock was blushing profusely, which was very out of character for someone as flirty and mischievous as him. 

"It's really early, princess," Lock pointed out, resting his forehead against hers. "And I'm very tired."

"The early bird gets the worm," Y/N said. 

"I thought you humans couldn't eat worms," Lock teased. 

Y/N made a disgusted face. "You guys eat worms?"

"It's a great source of protein," Lock smirked as Y/N became even more grossed out. They could eat worms, but they didn't. He just liked messing with her. 

"That's gross, Lock," she said as she sat up. "You're joking, right?"

He stood up off the ground and ruffled her hair. "I don't know. Am I?"

Lock began to walk off further into the woods. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and couldn't contain her curiosity, so she stood up and chased after the red-haired male. 

He knew she would follow him. And he loved it. He loved how unintentionally perfect she was. He loved the way her fingers felt when they wrapped around his wrist. He loved every emotion she was capable of having. 

He loved knowing that her life was in his hands.

He wouldn't ever hurt her, don't get the wrong idea. He may threaten, but he'd never go through with it. How could he? She was too precious. But, he loved knowing that she had to rely on him. He loved her so much...

"Where are we going, Lock?" Y/N asked. 

"Well, we just woke up," he said. "What do you usually do when you wake up?"

She thought for a moment. "Eat?"

He chuckled. "No, before that."

"Get ready...?" She said, not sounding very sure of her answer. 

He nodded and threw an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. He felt an immense amount of joy when she let her head rest against him. He tried to hide his excitement when she asked another question, "Where are we going to get ready at? We're in the middle of the forest."