twenty six | ❝five days to d-day.❞

❝We will only hold on to let go

We will only hold on to let go.

☀︎

MARK TSKED LOUDLY. "You need to work on your uppercut, Anna. This will get you beaten up again like last week." Mark moved to stand behind Anna, correcting her posture.

Harry walked towards them and looked directly at Mark. Since they had spent the night together a few days ago, Anna and Harry had avoided each other like the plague. Harry had taken utmost care while applying her ointments and nursing her back to health.

But after that? They didn't even pretend that the other existed. "Team, group meeting. Meet me in the surveillance room." Harry awkwardly walked away, disappearing into the warehouse.

Mia came up to them and nodded in the direction Harry had just stalked off to. "What's up with the big guy?"

"Heist nerves. Let's go," Mark said, dismissively.

Anna followed suit, bandaging the fresh, bloody bruises forming on her knuckles. She'd been training long and hard. Not only for her pretense but also to release the pent up frustration building inside her.

They entered the surveillance area to find Jeremy hard at work on microscopic drones and tiny soundless bombs that could take out a whole truck. He put down his screwdriver as everyone walked in and went to stand beside Noah.

Harry stood behind the console, the thousand screens illuminating his fierce dark hair. "Guys, we have five days to D-day. Agapi Mou will be placed on the glass case at exactly forty minutes past five. Genesis Financial Corp., will be opening the doors to the ball at six. That gives us twenty minutes to stand by.

I will be dividing us into teams. Mark and Jeremy will sit in our getaway van. You'll be looking over the technical aspect. Anna, Mia, Noah and I will be the ground team. We'll leave the van below the hill at five forty. In twenty minutes, we shall be scaling the hill and reaching the back area of the GFC.

At six, we'll set off the bomb and enter the manhole. We will come out in two different washrooms through the underground air vents. Noah will go with Mia and I will stay with Anna. As soon as I give the go ahead, Mark and Jeremy will be shutting down the surveillance cameras and the lights for a good five minutes.

Noah and Mia will be on perimeter duty. There is bound to be chaos and in those minutes of utter confusion, Anna and I will use a low impact bomb to break the glass. Noah and Mia will cover us and we'll leave the exact same way we entered.

Any questions?" Harry looked at each of the others in turn, passing hastily onwards when he reached Anna. Everyone shook their heads no and Harry clapped his hands together.

"Great. Get back to work everyone. Physical exercise is of the essence right now." Harry suddenly shot forward and grabbed a terrified Jeremy who was almost at the door, running away. "Even you. We cannot risk it. What if Noah needs your help on the ground?"