fifteen | ❝later haters.❞

❝But for all we know, we are sinners

But for all we know, we are sinners.

☀︎︎

PUSHING THE CART down the isles of the sketchy but huge supermarket, Mia seemed to relax. "Don't tell me you aren't comfortable here," she laughed.

"Okay, I am comfortable," Anna said and grabbed some cereal off the shelf. "I still can't believe the bastards left us to do grocery shopping. They're probably out kicking ass. I so want to do that right now."

"True. I could blow off some steam too," Mia said and looked pointedly at Anna.

She exhaled noisily and fell into step beside Mia, rolling the cart in front of them. "Look, Mia, what I did was unforgivable. I should've talked to you first. You probably have no reason to trust me anymore but believe me when I say this, I'm sorry."

Mia stopped and surveyed a shelf full of chocolates and cakes. She held up a hand, "Anna, it's alright. For the time being. I've already established that I won't fuck your assignment if you don't mess with the team. Cut them deals and get me my family back. That's all."

Anna nodded, relieved that Mia was taking the whole thing surprisingly well. All of a sudden, Mia dumped an armful of packaged cakes in the cart. Noticing the horrified look on Anna's face, Mia chuckled. "Oh come on, a cake a day keeps the stress away."

"If that what helps you sleep at night then sure," Anna shrugged but she was smiling. It was good to have a friendly face around.

"Great. Let's see. We have cakes, cereals, milk, breads, jams, butter, cakes again, chocolates, bowls, plates, and spoons. That's a balanced diet, isn't it?" Mia ran her hand along the rim of the cart and looked up at Anna, wiggling her brows.

Anna burst out laughing. "By the end of March, we'll be two fat balloons walking down these aisles."

"You are thinking of coming back here?" Mia said, not missing a word.

"Well, I-" But before Anna could reply, a sharp cough sounded behind them and Anna turned to see a short, stout old man peering at her. He was shuffling uncomfortably and his face clearly reeked of desperation and fear.

"M-ma'am," he patted imaginary dust off of his coat. "In case y-you haven't no-noticed, th-this is a q-queue. We are s-supposed t-to move f-forward," the man stuttered.

Anna's eyes widened at the sharpness of the tone and Mia doubled over with laughter. She grabbed Anna's hand and pulled her along. "Best. Experience. Ever." She then turned back to the man, "My friend here is getting married in a few days, you see. She's just trying to wrap her head around it. You will have to forgive her."