seventeen | ❝thanks for the testosterone battle.❞

❝She never said she was a good girl

She never said she was a good girl.

☀︎︎

A DEEP MALE voice echoed behind them and Anna froze. "Running the show without me, eh?"

She would know this voice anywhere. She had grown used to this voice speaking lightly around her. She had become so familiar with the voice that now it almost seemed like an irritating buzz in her ears.

"Harry," Anna turned around to face him while Mark took a step away from her.

He looked dreamy but the kind you'd see in your nightmares. His dark hair was tousled and fell in artful circles around his head. His golden eyes shone like death's torch and the veins on his neck prominently stood out. His black shirt was sticking to his torso and his black leather jacket added to his appeal.

"Anna. You waste no time in making plans, do you?" Harry walked towards them, his posture lazy but alert. His broad shoulders tensed as he passed Anna and stood directly in front of Mark.

Mark's eyes narrowed as he moved closer. He pushed himself to be straighter and taller, squaring off against Harry. Their eyes locked and for a fleeting moment, Anna saw a darkness in Mark's eyes that hadn't been there before.

"Why are you here, Mark?" Harry asked, his eyes never blinking.

"Why do you care? We just came here after a day of work. Is it so wrong to-"

Before Mark could finish, Harry grabbed him by the collar. "I'll tell you what's wrong. Growing closer to a goddamn crew member is wrong. Sneaking away alone is wrong. How many people even knew about you going out?"

Harry pulled Mark closer, his left knuckles turning white. "One more time. One more time I see you breaking protocol, I'll fucking end you."

Mark snickered, seemingly unaffected by the pull on his neck. "Is that a warning?"

"Consider it a threat. Out. Get out," Harry snarled, letting Mark's collar go with a push.

An ominous feeling rose in Anna's chest and she immediately placed herself between them. "There's no need for a testosterone contest. Harry, back the fuck off. You chose what you chose. You don't get to decide who strikes a friendship with me or anyone else."

Anna now looked at Mark. "And you. I expected better from you. Stand back." She pushed Mark behind and looked up at Harry's dark golden eyes. They held anger, admiration, sadness, and just a little bit of regret.

She felt a tap on her shoulders and she spun on her heels. Anna groaned as a young female bouncer with short black hair, pinned her hands behind her back. "Ma'am, you've all been causing a lot of commotion. Please exit with us peacefully and no one gets hurt."

With a bewildered expression on her face, Anna nodded and let herself be cuffed. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Mark following suit. On the other hand, Harry seemed to be having a harder time.