twenty nine | ❝she needs to get out.❞

❝But first, we need to stand by each other

But first, we need to stand by each other.

☀︎

ZACH CURSED AGAIN. And again. And again. He kicked the centre table in a fit of rage and grabbed a fistful of his hair. This could not be happening to Anna. He had to save her. Harry fucking knew and for the past week, he'd kept the knowledge only to himself.

He had hinted at the situation to Damien before but the only advice that he received was, "Leave her if her situation is compromised."

It wasn't exactly the most helpful advice and to top it off, it sounded so very self centred. It was almost as if the agency had no interest in saving lives, only making sure that they could get as many lives behind bars.

Anna had told him at IKEA that the heist was going to take place on the 28th of February. He only had three days now to make his final decision. He could either leave Ostraria and Anna to her fate. Or he could do the right thing and help his friend out.

Zach could not bear the thought of losing Anna in any way possible. She had become close to him in a matter of months. Sure, they weren't on speaking terms right now for God knows what but that did not mean that he didn't care. He would always worry about her. It was impossible not to.

Zach's heart constricted at the fact that if he did not act now, there wouldn't be an Anna left to worry about. His jaw set firmly and a fiery determination blazed in his eyes. He did not give a fuck what Tia or Damien said. He would save her all alone if need be.

But first, he'd give them one last chance.

Tia was not home. She'd gone out inquiring around the town. A few cocktails and the rich would air their dirty laundry from the top of the Eiffel Tower. Zach made his way to the communications room and tapped into the agency's headquarters.

"This is Agent 5142 reporting. Do you copy?"

Static hummed in his ears and Zach waited patiently for a response. He had waited for over a week. He could wait for a few more minutes. Soon enough, a male voice picked up his radio frequency.

"This is Agent 2213. What is your status, 5142?"

"I am afraid that is classified information. Put me through to Alpha 15."

"I am sorry, agent but you should know that you need to put through a previous request for an appoint-"

"I am not asking," Zach cut in, his voice threateningly low.