ten | ❝anna, it's a deathtrap.❞

❝There's nothing a man can do, that I can't do better and in heels

There's nothing a man can do, that I can't do better and in heels.

☀︎︎

ANNA SMOOTHED DOWN the floral dress she'd put on and tried twirling gracefully around. Instead, she landed on her face, proving that for someone trained to be quick and light, she was an absolute disgrace.

"I swear to god, Anna," Zach's voice and Tia's tinkling laughter floated into the room.

"Okay, no. This isn't even my fault! How the hell am I even supposed to wear this?"

Anna jumped around the room, her hands behind her back trying to tie up the straps behind. She turned towards the webcam, eyes wide and exasperated and held up her hands in submission.

"Anna, the right strap goes above the left one not under it," Tia said, amusement lining her instructions.

"You know what? Fuck this," Anna smiled and stalked towards the dresser in her condo's bedroom. She opened up the top drawer and pulled out two items in quick succession. She bundled them up in her arms and rushed towards the washroom. Anna could hear Zach and Tia discussing strategies and light laughter.

She frowned. Strategies and laughter? That's new. But she knew they were living together and a new dynamic evolving between them wouldn't be worth the suspicion. They were always friends and Tia knew how Anna felt about Zach. Shaking her head devoid of those thoughts, she walked out and the chatter died down.

She knew she looked great. She wore a black silk tank top that hugged her in all the right places. Dark blue high waisted jeans curved around her thin long legs. A layered gold plated necklace sat at the crook of her neck, glinting brightly. Her dark hair cascaded down her back in waves of black. Her eyes were lightly lined with kohl, bringing out the hazel in her eyes.

She smiled and spread out her hands, "So?"

Zach coughed, "Y-you look nice, um," he ran a hand through his hair and Anna laughed.

"Just nice?" She turned around, her hands outstretched. "I feel so much more better in this, thank goodness."

"Ann, you look ravishing in that. Florian won't know what hit him even if you slapped him in the face with a Gucci bag," Tia winked, a playful grin on her face.

"Speaking of faces," Anna said and bent down the table to pull out her favourite black heels, "did you manage to get Florian's picture? I can't just go in there without knowing his face."

Tia stood silent, biting her lip. After a few moments of silence and Anna throwing questioning looks at them, she said, "Well, that guy is a ghost. After he left, his files were wiped from the system. The technical team at Bravo is going nuts. All the senior partners think it is a horrible idea but Dad won't pull the plug. Personal vendetta." Tia shrugged and moved behind to grab some files.