Hangover

I woke up with mind-blowing pain in my head. It took me quite some effort to open my eyes, and after blinking a few times, I realized I was not in my own room.

Looking around, I recognized I was in John's bedroom. John Grimes'. What was happening?

I closed my eyes again and tried to think of what had happened. I remembered I went to the club to see Liam because of some Richard-related drama, and John was there... Then I ended up very drunk and Liam somehow had to leave, but John was there. The last thing I remembered was being carried into the house in someone's arms - probably John's.

I sighed. I -

Wait.

My parents! God, they would be furious -

I sat up quickly, wanting to look for my phone - which was a mistake, as the motion was too harsh and it felt like my brain was on the verge of explosion. I quickly fell back onto the bed.

Moaning, I slapped my palm against my forehead. And that was when a piece of memory came rushing back. I remembered someone had told them that I was safe. 

Goodness, for a moment there I thought I was going to die. My mum would definitely kill me.

As my heartbeat had slowed down to a normal pace, I tried to sit up, slowly this time. I battled against the dizziness and went to the bathroom to splash some cold water onto my face. Feeling a tiny bit better, I noticed I was still wearing my black short dress from yesterday.

I opened the bedroom door and went downstairs, and found John sleeping on the sofa in the living room. If there was one thing good about John, was that I knew I could trust him – he would not take advantage of me.

Or maybe he's just scared of what Liam would do to him, I chuckled to myself silently. But deep down I knew he was a good person, of course.

I went to the other sofa and sat across from John. He was sleeping peacefully, and he was still wearing the shirt and jeans he wore yesterday. Looked like he was too tired to change into some clean clothes, and a pang of guilt hit me.

Fixing my gaze on him, I could not help but took in his beauty. He looked like an angel sleeping like that, and oh his lips, slightly parted – so alluring...

STOP IT (YN), I screamed mentally, and forced myself to close my eyes. I leaned my head against the sofa and tried to think of something else. Even though John and I did not always get along, it was a fact that he looked absolutely stunning.

"(Yn)?" suddenly John whispered, and I shot my eyes open in a startle, jumping in the process.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he chuckled at my expression. I rolled my eyes at him.

John giggled and sat up, "How are you feeling now?" he asked.

"Headache. A bit dizzy. The usual hangover," I replied.

"My poor baby,"

"JOHN!" I hissed.

John laughed and stood up, coming closer to me and bent down, his face mere inches away from mine, making me slightly nervous, "Do you know that you kept mumbling my name when I carried you in last night?"

"What?" I blinked at him, horrified. Why did I do that? Last night he did look exceptionally beautiful, but I was not that kind of girl to like someone simply because they were good-looking - if that was the case, I would have been his girlfriend already.

"You," John breathed on my lips, speaking in a husky voice, "Kept saying my name over and over... You do like me, don't you?"

"No!" I replied a little too loud, and blushed.