Unexpected Visit

"You're finally back," Mum said sarcastically from the sofa, where Dad was sitting next to her watching TV.

I ignored her and went ahead to the stairs, hoping to escape to my room.

"Hold on there young lady, I'm not done speaking to you!" Mum hissed.

"Mum," I sighed, "I'm tired."

"Of course you are," she muttered, "Running around with John, away from home, away from Ri-"

"Seriously Mum," I interrupted, annoyed, "What's there to talk about? I'm not changing my mind."

"Richard called today looking for you,"

I remembered what John had said – maybe I should tell my mum about how Richard was starting to be creepy. At least I tried. And I did not think it could get any worse than how Mum was always yelling at me.

"I saw him at the cinema today," I stepped down from the stairs and walked to the sofa, sitting across from my parents. My dad turned his attention to me as well.

"And?" Mum asked, putting on her judging face. I tried to keep my temper low.

"He's not the normal Richard anymore Mum, I think he's lost his mind,"

"What are you even talking about?" Mum was starting to get angry, "That's very impolite—"

"Wait Mum, I haven't finished," I stopped her and managed to tell her the whole story.

"He just loves you too much," Mum said nonchalantly after I finished telling the story. She did not seem bothered at her own daughter's safety at all. Maybe I read too many stories about psycho boyfriends, but even John thought Richard had gone over the line, so that was not only me.

"And he's losing his mind," I said, "He isn't the Richard you wanted me to marry now."

"He is," Mum insisted, "If you're with him then he would be! You're driving him mad by being with John!"

"There, you said it yourself," Dad finally spoke, taking us by surprise, "If you can't get a girl, just try to move on no matter how hard it is - normally you don't go around stalking people and creeping the girl out. That's all I'm going to say."

"See?" I said in triumph. Even Dad seemed to be on my side this time, which was saying something. Usually he would simply go along or express no opinion with whatever Mum was saying.

"But still, it's not entirely —" Mum glared at Dad, who turned back to the television with a shrug.

"I'm not going to argue now, I'm tired," I stood up and cut her off, wanting to get out of this argument, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Dad said, shooting a small smile at me before turning back to his TV.

"Wait—' Mum called after me but I was already dashing up the stairs.

I fell down on the bed and thought about today. So much had happened; it seemed like a year had already passed. It was such a long day. I went for a shower and got ready for bed. I leaned against the headboard and looked at my phone.

A few new text messages. Three from Richard and one from John, one from Liam.

I read Liam's first. He was asking me how my day was and if John was treating me okay. Oh Liam, I was not the little girl who sometimes got bullied at school anymore... But I loved him for that. I assured him everything was more than okay with John and even told him how John saved me from Richard. He could relax now.

Then I checked Richard's next, as after that I could update John what had happened.

"I'm sorry (Yn)," it read, "Please forgive me."