Honeymoon

“Ugh, I really don’t like plane rides!” I complained, shifting in my seat again as my whole body felt sore.
“We’re almost there,” John chuckled at my mad expression, “Mrs. Grimes.”
I rolled my eyes at John, and he simply laughed.
So yes, we were now officially married. We were on our way to our “honeymoon”, and the destination was Paris. We went straight to the airport after the reception party, and I had to say it was better than I had expected. It was like a massive party where everyone got to have some fun.
The wedding went well too, and of course, John made full use of his practice a few days ago. After being declared as husband and wife, John grabbed me into a tight hug and kissed me with so much passion that I could not even breathe. And the worst thing was that I had to cooperate with him and kissed him back with equal passion. I swore that I would make him pay for that later when we had arrived at the hotel.
I fidgeted with my ring, and glanced at John’s ring. It seemed so weird to be married and have matching rings with John. I still could not wrap my head around this idea… But oh well, I would not have to put up with that for long.
Richard brought a girl with him to the wedding, who was her girlfriend. Surprising, huh? But it was true. His parents wanted him to settle down quick and so he had now got a girlfriend. But we would not divorce until he finally got married, just in case.

“Ahh,” John sighed once he flopped down onto the bed of the hotel, “I’m exhausted.”
“Me too,” I fell down next to him, closing my eyes. It had been a tiring day.
“You can’t sleep yet,” suddenly John rolled on the bed so he was now hovering over me and I shot my eyes open, “It’s our first night as a married couple and according to the tradition, we have to have s—”
“For goodness sake John,” I slapped my forehead, “It’s only on the outside! And I don’t get why you have to book a room with a double bed. It’s not like we have to act like a couple privately!”
“Just in case someone goes to check our booking,” John winked at me.
“And no one’s going to check if we’ve had sex,” I used this explanation against him, “So excuse me for a moment please, I need to go for a shower.”
“No,” John pushed me back onto the bed and pinned my arms down, “WE will go for a shower. I can’t possibly wait for you to come out for my turn; I’d have fallen asleep!”
“It’s your problem,”
“Please?” he bit his lip, trying to mess with my mind again.
I looked away to avoid looking at his sexy expression, “You clearly know I’ll never let that happen!”
“Still, it doesn’t hurt to ask, does it? And really, I can’t wait to take a shower,”
“Then you go and shower first,”
John thought for a moment, “Okay then, I guess I’m alright with that,”
So he got off of me and took out some clothes. I kept my position and waited for John to come out of the bathroom.
Moments later, the bathroom door opened, “I’m done, it’s your turn,” John said, coming out with dripping wet hair. Oh God. That was sexy.
I headed to my suitcase quickly to avoid looking at his wet hair and got out some clothes. John had obviously noticed my uneasiness and was laughing. I ignored him and took a nice, long shower.
After drying my hair and brushing my teeth I came out of the bathroom, thinking that John must be sleeping, so I was about to work on my plan to get him back for what he had done to me at the ceremony. He knew it would get on my nerves but still kissed me like that.
But to my surprise, he was still awake, sitting against the headboard, waiting for me. He broke into a grin when he saw me coming out of the bathroom, and OH MY GOODNESS HE WAS SHIRTLESS. I had now completely forgotten about my revenge. He had taken his shirt off and was only wearing some boxer shorts. This was even worse than when I saw him cooking shirtless. Because now we were alone in the hotel room and he was sitting on the double bed shirtless. SOMEONE HOLD ME PLEASE MY LEGS HAD GONE JELLY.
When he saw me frozen staring at his body, he raised his eyebrow.
“What?” John asked, “See something you like?”
“Please,” his words had broken my trance, and I got into the bed, “More like something that disgusts me.”
“You sure?” he said, lying down next to me, so we were facing each other.
“Yes,” I said surely, “And this is so awkward. I don’t think I can sleep like this. I’ll go sleep on the sofa.”
I attempted to get up but John pulled me down again, “Don’t be stupid, I’ll make sure you get comfy sleeping with me,”
Then he pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around me, so our bodies pressed close together, and my head was buried in the hollow of his neck, “In this way you don’t have to worry about me staring at your sleeping face,” he chuckled, “Even if I’ve already seen that.”
I could not even answer him now as all I could think about was our bare skin touching. I was wearing only a tank top and shorts while he was only in some shorts. I did not know what was happening with me but this fact was very distracting.
“Why aren’t you speaking? Are you sleeping already?” John slightly pulled away and looked down at me with an amused expression. But once he saw my face he burst out laughing.
“Seriously,” he laughed, “(Yn) I think you really like me – if it’s before you would totally push me away but now, you’re blushing? Oh God!”
“Shut up,” I mumbled, and buried my face into his chest, trying to hide my flaming face.
He laughed even harder, “Admit it, you like me,”
“I don’t,” I said against his chest, “I’m just cold.”
And honestly speaking, I really was. The air conditioner was on and I was not wearing much, so John’s body heat felt nice. I did not get my reaction either but I guessed this was the explanation. My instinct told me to get close to John simply because I was cold.
“Whatever,” John said happily and turned around to dim the lights, “At least we both know the truth.”
“It’s not the truth,” I retorted sleepily. The heat radiating from John’s body felt really good.
He laughed, and snuggled into my hair. I did not feel the need to stop him and just let him because I was running out of energy to protest… I thought.

“Wow, seriously this is amazing,” I gasped aloud. We were at the bottom of Eiffel Tower now and we were basically using this honeymoon trip as a vacation. We went around Paris and did lots of sightseeing and even took a lot of photos. We took photos partly because we would have to show our family those and partly because everyone did that on a vacation, no matter if it was a real honeymoon or not. A vacation was a vacation.
But well, in some of the photos we had to pose like a real couple, but I did not mind. I was having a great time with John around the place. I knew I would forever remember this even if the pretense was over.
Speaking of which, whenever I thought of this, I got kind of sad. I would definitely miss having John around, even though I hated to say this. He was like my very best friend now.
“Yeah, it’s beautiful,” John said, looking up at the tower and looked at me again, “But not as beautiful as you.” He winked at me and I rolled my eyes, but we both knew I just got a heart attack. I sometimes got so annoyed about the fact that he knew my weaknesses.
We posed under the tower and asked a passer-by to take a picture for us. John was having his arm around me, but as the photo was about to be taken, John turned me around so I was facing him and he crushed his lips onto mine.
“John!” I protested after that woman who took our photo had walked away, “I sometimes hate you so much you know!”
He just grinned at me, “It’s for our family to see,”
“God, no,” I said, and attempted to get the camera so I could delete that picture, “That’s too embarrassing.”
“Why embarrassing?” John giggled and raised the camera so I could not reach, “It’s not like they haven’t seen us kiss.”
“Just delete it!”
“No! It’s so cute you know,” John said and begged, “Please, keep it please?”
Okay, his pleading face was another thing that I could not resist.
I sighed, “Okay, just don’t show it to everyone,”
“Yay!” he leaned forward and kissed my cheek before I could protest.