no. 1

🍄

Rodrick's pov

September

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm. I looked at my phone. 7.30? Already? Fuck. I stood up as quickly as possible, threw on a random shirt that was laying on the floor. "Rodrick! It's time to go!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs. I pulled up my black jeans and made my way to the bathroom. I covered myself with deodorant, brushed my teeth quickly, and fixed my messy hair by jiggling my hand through it. After that, I got my bag and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"Rodrick, did you just wake up?" My mom asked, sounding a little disappointed. I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed a glass filled with orange juice. Mom sighed and shouted Greg's name. I quickly finished drinking the orange juice as Greg came down the stairs. "You guys have to hurry." Mom rushed me and my little brother to the front door. "School starts in 15 minutes!"

Greg climbed in my van and I started driving to his school. The last students entered middle school as I dropped him off. "Have fun in school, Gregory." I chuckled out of the window and drove away instantly. I slightly heard him shouting "shut up!".

The bell rang as I parked my car. I noticed an old used water bottle and put it in my bag. Unmotivated and tired, I got out of the car and checked my phone to see my new schedule. I walked to my first class slowly. I was late again. As always. A good first impression on my new classmates and teacher.

I entered the class to be greeted by my pissed math tutor. "You must be Heffley, right? You missed attendance." She looked at me disgusted. I already know I will fail this class. She hates me.

"Yes, I am." I tried to sound confident in front of my classmates. I glanced through the classroom, looking for a free seat. As I started walking to the back the teacher sighed "...yeah, Heffley. Take a seat..."

I'm really glad that there's a free seat in the back. The first row would've been horrible. I sat down and put down my bag. I finally looked through the class to make myself familiar with the new faces.

Beside me sat a girl I never noticed before. I looked at her, trying to remember if I have ever seen her. When her eyes met mine, I realized how long I've been staring at her face. My head quickly turned away as I felt my cheeks heating up slightly. I should've taken a shower and worn a clean shirt today. Does my hair look good right now?

Why am I even thinking about that? I quickly looked at her again. She placed a folder on her desk. It says y/n. I wonder how it's pronounced. There's also an apple laying beside it. I should have eaten something. My tummy rumbles as I thought that.

The girl looked over to where the sound came from. I can tell my face reddened again. She smiled at me. "You hungry?" She asks while handing me the apple. I couldn't open my mouth. Nothing except a quick "thanks" came out of me. Her voice sounds sweet as hell.

"No problem." The girl smiled at me and turned back to her folder. My face cooled down and my fake confidence came back after clearing my throat. "I'm Rodrick, by the way..." I smiled, thinking about shaking her hand but I didn't. "I'm y/n." Her name sounds cool af.

"You really don't mind me eating your apple?" I wanted to be nice since I wanted to make the best first impression on her. "No, nah. It's ok. I already ate something." Y/n smiled and focused back on math class. Her smile looks very cute. And her outfit looked cool as fuck. I couldn't focus on math class at all. She seems great. We could be very good friends.

The bell rang again and I got pulled out of my daydream, thinking about the best ways to approach her and maybe ask for her number, so that I could get to know her. But y/n already packed her things and turned to me. "I hope to see you soon, Rodrick." She grinned and walked out of the classroom, leaving me speechless.

At lunch, I made my way to my bandmates and thought about telling Ben and Chris about the new girl I met. "How do I talk to a girl? I mean like how can I impress a girl?" I tried to start a conversation. "Just say that you're in a band. Chicks dig bad boys, right?" Ben laughed and poked me with his elbow while Chris nods with an odd smile. I know that my friends aren't the smartest but I don't know any better. "What about Heather?" Chris asks out of the blue.

I tried getting with Heather a year ago before I realized that she's a mean and selfish bitch. And in addition, I'm totally out of her league. "Fuck her."

The rest of the day was pretty boring. I only had a few classes and I didn't get to see y/n again, except in math obv. I make my way back home forgetting about Greg, or basically not caring about him. I practiced playing the drums as hard as possible until evening.

At night I lied in my bed, training what to say to her tomorrow because I have math class again. I hope it will work out.

🍄