no. 6

🍄

I sat on the couch in front of the heater in the garage looking through my biker's magazine that I got yesterday. I was waiting for my bandmates to arrive for practice. Suddenly, I heard my brother's footsteps approaching the entrance. As he excitedly ran into the room I hid the magazine behind the old couch I was sitting on. "Rodrick, you won't believe me what happened." He said out of breath before I could scream at him for not knocking. "Go on..." I let him continue. "I got löded diper a gig..." my eyes widened as I stood up to listen to him. "...at Heather Hills' sweet sixteen birthday party."

I was shocked and surprised. I didn't know if I should be happy or not. Greg otherwise was excited because he thought he did something good for me. "Greg! I don't even like Heather anymore." I sat back down on the couch. "Oh, well I thought you still do..." he looked through the room avoiding looking at me. "...since you deny crushing on y/n..." he whispered to himself loud enough so I could hear it. Angrily, I stood up again standing close to Greg. "Well, at least your band got a gig..." he tried to calm me down so I don't beat him or whatever. "Kay, go now." I calmed down and seeing Chris and Ben walking toward the entrance of the garage.

"We will play at Heather Hills' 16th birthday. Greg got us a gig." I sighed sitting at my drum set while Chris and Ben removed their coats and got ready. "Cool man!" Ben jumped excitedly. Chris just looked at me confused. "Wait, I'm still confused. I think you still like Heather, right?"

"Hell naw," I chuckled. "Of course not, man. He loves y/n." Ben laughed while I looked at him pissed. "Shut up. We are only best friends." Ben immediately stopped laughing since my tone got harsh. "Yo, what's wrong man?" Chris asked me which calmed me down. "Nothing, I-... I just can't play in front of bigger crowds." Ben tried cheering me up with his dumb ass. "Just imagine everyone naked." Yeah, of course, might as well get a boner during a gig. I just scoffed at his stupid idea.

We practice some songs Greg told us to play at the gig. "We sound great guys." Ben giggled. "Oh Rod, I invited Oli and Y/n, by the way..." My cheeks slightly started burning up. "They are arriving in a few minutes." I noticed that I left the biker magazine on the couch so I jumped up and hid it in my dad's toolbox.

Y/n and Olivia arrived so I opened the garage gate for them. "Fuck, why is it so cold?" Y/n said rubbing her arms. "It's October." Ben chuckled. Y/n was wearing cute mittens and a beanie. "I'm freezing." She adds, noticing the heater and running to it immediately.

"Guys we will play at Heather's 16th birthday." Ben still sounded excited. "Heather Hills?" Y/n asked cuddled up on the couch, warming herself up. "Yup." Ben nodded. "That's cool, guys." She hyped us up until Chris spoke again. "Rodrick used to like her." He chuckled. "Oh, of course. It's Heather." Y/n focused back on warming herself. "Used to, guys..." I caught her attention again. "Let's practice one more time," I added.

Y/n and Olivia watched us which made me nervous. Again. I usually am able to play in front of a few people, but it was y/n that I, for some reason, had to impress. I was about to fail again until I remembered Ben's idea. 'Just imagine everyone naked'. My gaze wandered through the garage to avoid the girls. I can't just look at them and imagine them naked. That's disrespectful as fuck. But somehow my eyes landed on Olivia. I quickly looked away. She's Chris' girlfriend.

I was looking at y/n who was smiling at me supportively. I smiled back until I imagined her naked unintentionally. I really didn't want to, I swear! But because of Ben, I did. Thank god, my imagination couldn't really picture it, but I still felt weird.

≪ slowly ≫ (rodrick heffley) ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara