no. 5

🍄

October

My mom had been asking me to drive Greg to the roller rink festival for middle schoolers to meet his friends. I didn't want to but she started paying us mom bucks, so I agreed. I didn't want to go alone, so I texted the group chat, in which we added y/n and Olivia last week.

-

löded fuckers

guys, anybody going to roller
rink middle schooler shit?

Nah.
- benny

me and Chris maybe.
- olivia

fuck, I have to go.

can I tag along?
- y/n

'hell yeah ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
thank god

(' ꒳' )
- y/n

get a room guys ◔̯◔
- chrissss

-

I happily texted y/n after this.

-

y/n

thank u sm, you're saving me
from dying of boredom ε-('・`) フ

no biggie, ill do anything for my boy ;)

(〃・_・〃)
i'll text you the infos.

-

Was she flirting with me? I swear to god she was. I mean, we're best friends. I guess she's one of those close friends who are, like very intimate. That's cool. I like it.

It was already dark outside. I took the notebook and packed it in my backpack. I had tried to draw a person I saw in my dreams. I didn't know what to draw anymore. I can't draw so I tried my best.

Greg hopped on the passenger seat. "Where are you going?" He asked worried as I drove to y/n's house instead of the roller rink. "Y/n's coming with us." He seemed excited so I crushed his daydream. "She's going with me, doofus. You have your little friends." I scoffed.

We waited in my van, honking for y/n to come out of her house. As I saw the front door open I got out of my car and opened the backdoor. Y/n walked up to me. "Hey, how are you?"

"Hi sweetheart, I'm fine." I greeted her too as I opened Greg's door. Greg gagged to my weird greeting. Y/n just smirked. I thought it was funny since she has been cheesy.

"Get in the back." I forced Greg. He sighed and jumped in the back with no seat. I heard y/n whisper 'sorry' to him but she also gladly accepted the passenger seat.

At the roller rink, Greg immediately ran to his friends. "Do you wanna skate?" Y/n asked me. I didn't really want to but I agreed to make her feel good today. We skated for a little bit until y/n got bored, pretty quickly. Standing at the backrest, we watched others skate. "I'm sorry, but I usually get bored really quickly." She said as she noticed my exhausted sigh. "Oh no, it's okay. I don't really like skating tho. I'm not much of a sportsman." Y/n giggled at my comment which made me feel very good. A lot of people find me uninteresting and weird but whenever I'm with her, I feel like I'm actually an interesting and funny guy.

The romantic song for couples started playing and I noticed Greg trying to get with Heather's little sister. I also saw Chris and Olivia skating together. "Oh my god, there are Chris and Oli." I pointed at them so y/n could see them. "They are so cute together..." y/n sighed "...I wish I had this right now. Like, I need to be in love just like they are..." As she said that I wanted to ask her to dance with me because she seemed so upset. Her hand was suddenly so near to mine? Should I hold it? While I opened my mouth to ask her I got interrupted.

"Hey y/n" Jack rolled over to us. "You wanna dance?" My face dropped. I turned to y/n to see her reaction. "Ummm..." she hummed turning her head to look at me undecidedly. She looked back to Jack. "...yeah, of course." She smiled unwillingly.

My mood went down as I watched y/n and Jack skating to the slow and romantic music. Does she like him? Why him tho? He's so basic and popular. Ew. Why does it even bother me so much? At least she got what she wanted: someone to be in love with, but Jack was certainly not the right one, in my opinion. To distract myself and not look like a stalker, I went to the bar to get myself a drink. I bought a slushy for y/n too, so that she could chill with me after skating with Jack.

After the song, she rolled up to me sitting at a table. One chair was free for her. "Sorry..." she said as she sat down. "...I didn't want to be rude." I smiled at her and told her it's okay. "I got to watch my brother suffering. He tried to get with a girl." I laughed.

Y/n pointed at the cup I bought her. "You bought me a slushy?" She asked surprised catching her breath from skating. I nodded. "How much was it?" She asked while drinking out of the straw. "It's on me." She smiled shyly and thanked me which made me smile as well.

It seemed like she drank it really quickly and as soon as I thought that I heard her groaning. "Ouch, fuck." She held her hand against her forehead. "Brain freeze?" I chuckled. "Yeah..." she sighed. We looked at each other and had to laugh.

It was time to leave so I brought y/n home. But before she left the van I took the backpack from the back of my car and gave her the notebook. Greg got out of the car so he can switch to the passenger seat. The time he was outside, y/n looked into the book. Seeing my drawing in her hands, made me realize how much it resembled her. "Who is that?" She asked softly. "I don't know..." I shrugged my shoulders. As she admired it I explained to her that I saw this person in my dreams and I didn't know what to draw. "It looks good." Y/n complimented it and smiled at me.

Greg hopped on the passenger seat as I watched y/n walk into her house. She waved goodbye and I smirked at her. "You're so into her." Greg scoffed as the front door of the house closed. "Shut up, you idiot."

While driving home I thought about the drawing. She definitely recognized the resemblance too. I'm kinda embarrassed now. I wasn't aware of it tho. I hope she doesn't think I'm weird since I told her I dreamed about her. I believe it was her now.

🍄