no. 12

🍄

I arrived home with Greg from hanging out at the mall. As we entered the room, we saw how dad went through his camera roll on the tv. My mom gasped as she saw the party I hosted over a month ago. "Rodrick, can you explain what you're doing in this photo?" My dad looked at me angrily. "That's not me." I shrugged my shoulders. "That's not you?" I slowly shook my head. "Nope."

"Okay, how about these?" He skipped through the camera roll stopping at the photo of y/n kissing my cheek. "I can't believe that you had a party." It was kinda awkward since the column writers were sitting on the couch, watching us fighting.

"Greg, you told me it was a couple of kids. A band rehearsal." Mom screamed at Greg. Wait a fucking minute. That asshole. "Wait you knew about this?" Dad seemed disappointed in mom. "Yes, yes. I knew about this."

"What...you told mom?" I screamed at Greg. "It slipped out, but I took it back." I shouldn't have trusted that clown. "Why were you even taking pictures?"

"It was so crazy that morning that I forgot I took the pictures." He should've stayed locked in in the basement but y/n...I can't blame her. It was still my party.

The column writer couple stood up. "We're just going to let ourselves out. Uh, I wouldn't write a column about this." They quickly left our house, getting away from this crazy family.

Mom and dad scolded us at the stairs. "Greg, you're grounded for a month and Rodrick..." she looked at me sympathetically. "...you're not allowed to play at the talent show."

What the actual fuck...

"But I just got Bill in the band! You can't do this." This could be our big break but they don't understand. "This won't help you, son. Bill is kind of a jerk."

I walked upstairs, literally fighting back my tears of anger. "You're so dead," I whispered to Greg before I vanished into my bedroom.

I spent the rest of the evening in my room, close to tears. I couldn't handle all of the anger that built up inside of me. It was about 1:30 am when I decided to text y/n, hoping she was still awake.

-
y/n

u up?

yup
always available for u ;)

-

She already cheered me up without knowing I feel shitty.

-
y/n

can I come over?

like, right now?

yeah?

yes
you alright?

i'll tell you later
c u in 10

come by my window

-

I snuck out of the attic and drove the little route to y/n's house. I parked a little further away from it. To get her attention, I threw a pebble against her bedroom window. I stopped when I noticed her curtains moved. She opened the window and stuck her head out of it. "Get in the backyard. I'll come downstairs." She said quietly, but loud enough so I could hear it.

I climbed over the little fence and saw her already opening the glass door. "Hey, what's wrong?" She jogged over to me. "My mom found out about the party." Her eyes widened. "Shit. Let's go inside before my parents wake up." She took my hand which made my knees weak. I took off my shoes before I entered the house.