no. 15

🍄

Since I got the book, I've been working on sketching the photo I took of y/n sleeping. It's been over a month since she gave it back to me so I wanted to finish it as quickly as possible.

I've also been wondering how to ask y/n to go to the winter ball with me since it's coming up this Christmas in Westmore High. My first idea was to simply just ask her but Ben told me it was too boring. Also, I would be too shy to do that. Ben was really into it. He said I should buy her a big bouquet of flowers and sing a song or whatever. But that was a little too much for me and for y/n too, I guess. I thought it was cute to write her the question in the book. Maybe she would read it. I didn't want to ruin the sketch so I took the next page.

-

winter ball with me?
☐ yes
☐ no
☐ maybe

-

I drove to her house just to give her the notebook. As I was ringing the doorbell I realized I didn't tell her I was coming over, so I hoped that she was home. Her mom opened the door. "Oh, Rodrick. What are doing here?" She smiled at me. "I wanted to give this back to y/n." I showed her the book. "Well, she isn't here at the moment, but I can give it to her later." I nodded and gave her the book. "Thanks, Mrs. Y/l/n." "No problem. See ya." She said as I left the front porch.

I was bored so I texted Ben, asking if he was home. He said yes, so I drove over to his house. We chilled in his room, drinking energy drinks and listening to music. "Did you ask her yet?" Ben said as he sipped from his monster can. "It's a work in progress..." He looked at me confused. "What do you mean, dude?" I explained to him the notebook we have. "And I wrote the question in it. She wasn't home, so her mom has it now." Ben scoffed. "Let's just hope her parents don't look in the book."

A few boring hours passed, with Ben showing me his new lyrics. "Ben, you're a genius!" I told him, making him smile widely. Then my phone ringtone went off. "Sh-shit, it's y/n." I choked on my third can. Ben turned off the music quickly. "What do I do?" I panicked. "Dude, answer it? Are you dumb?" I answered it and held it against my ear. "Uh, hello?" I cringed at my first reaction. Y/n giggled into her phone.

"Put it on speaker, I wanna hear it," Ben whispered, excitedly. I did and he went quiet. "Rodrick, are you asking me to the ball?" Her voice sounded cheerful. "Uh, yeah?" I said nervously. Ben just shook his head, embarrassed at my stupid answers. "Okay, umm, I wasn't even sure if I would be going at all..." She said slowly. I knew she was waiting for me to say something. "Well, maybe you would go with me?" Ben nodded at me encouragingly. Y/n chuckled again. "Um, maybe I will." I smiled happily. "Will you, y/n?" I teased her. "Yes." I silently mouthed "yes" and Ben cheered for me quietly. "Well, I'll pick you up then," I said, calming down a little. "Okay. See ya, Roddy." She laughed and hung up.

"Oh my god, dude!" Ben laughed loudly and jumped. "You have to marry her." I looked at him annoyed. "Bro, calm down. We're not even dating." Ben said down again. "Also, I don't even know if I wanna get married." Ben raised his eyebrows. "She's the only person that actually loves you. You should better put a ring on it when you start dating." He giggled like a child. "Shut up, doofus."

"Dude, did you ever think about doing it with her?" Ben supported his arms on his lap and looked at me expectantly. He sounded like he was high. "Bro, shut the fuck up." I pushed him a little. "Oh, you definitely did!" He giggled, teasing me. "I think I need to go home." I rolled my eyes. "Okay," I stood up and took my keys, walking towards his door. "but tell me when you boned," Ben shouted as I walked through the door. Fucking idiot.