Chapter Two

When the group arrived back at the castle, (Y/N) immediately went to his room, not talking to anyone before hiding himself away. He had to prepare for when he would confess to Link in a few days. The male began pacing around the room, coming up with the idea to take Link out to the Forest of Spirits for a picnic, masking it by saying that Purah needed them at the Great Plateau. He fell asleep soon after that, proud of himself for finally having the courage to tell his crush of years his true feelings.

"Hey," (Y/N) wakes up to Link by his bedside, in his casual attire for once.

"Is something going on?" (Y/N) groggily asked, still not fully awake.

"Not anything important. Princess Zelda just wants to speak to you in her study."

"Oh, OK. Let me get dressed and I'll head down in a second." (Y/N) got out of bed with only briefs on, making Link looked away, flushed, and embarrassed. Also embarrassed, (Y/N) went to his closet and got dressed as fast as he could, but when he turned back, Link was already halfway down the corridor.

After catching up, (Y/N) gave him a friendly punch on the shoulder, "You could've waited for me, you know."

"I didn't want to intrude on your privacy."

"You could've waited outside, but whatever." (Y/N) quickly brushed it aside before going onto the next subject, "Wanna spar today? Maybe I can actually beat you this time."

"You can't even beat me when you have four clones of yourself fighting me."
(Y/N) fumed, knowing he would never be able to beat the skilled swordsman saying his statement but still feeling offended nonetheless. "But I can't, I'm busy." The royal advisor looked down at his feet, disappointed, as Link hadn't said yes to a sparring match a year. He thought it might be worth a try, though.

When they arrived, Zelda was seen at her desk, furiously writing in her notebook. "Hey, Princess Zelda, you called for me?"

"Yes! Thanks for getting him for me, Link, you can leave if you'd like." We all knew Link was ordered to not leave Zelda's side, but she felt obligated to say it anyway.

"You know some about the ancient technology because of your sister, Purah, right?"

(Y/N) had gotten some lessons from his sister, because just as Zelda did, he caught an interest in the ancient devices. But he didn't study for very long under Purah before his royal duties took over his life once again. "I mean, you could say that. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as she is, though."

Zelda pats the seat beside her at the desk, "That's quite alright, (Y/N), I just need some second opinions on this."

"I can do that." He sat down, seeing Zelda's beautifully written and organized notes, showing the sheer amount of effort that she has put into her studies. There were drawings and diagrams all over the walls. It couldn't be called a mess, for Zelda clearly had them all organized and neat, it was simply overcrowded with all her ideas, showing off the brilliant mind of a young genius.

"I think I've done everything I need to do for the final calibration of the Divine Beasts, do you think you can look it over? I can't possibly have any mistakes happen."

(Y/N) smiled, "Of course, Zelda."

As the princess and royal advisor conversed about such detailed and complex topics, Link watched from the corner, a smile inching on his face after seeing (Y/N) so engrossed in something. It's been a while since he's seen the young (H/C) boy do something he seemed to genuinely enjoy. But things could only be so peaceful in the castle for so long before something bad happened.