Chapter Six

(Y/N) had led Link all around the village, and to everywhere they had a special memory together, praying something would jog his memory to no avail. After giving up, he made sure Link was well-equipped for the journey ahead of him, because his tattered clothes, rusted sword, and flimsy wooden bow were not going to do.

They headed into the inn after dinner with Impa and Paya, the girl having the most obvious crush on Link, who, of course, was completely oblivious to it. (Y/N) would be lying if he said he didn't feel a pang of jealousy seeing someone else so clearly into Link.

"I-I'll wake you two up at sunrise... is that alright? That is... what you asked for, right L-lord (Y/N)?" The unsure innkeeper Ollie brought the boy out of his thoughts.

"That's perfect, Ollie. Thank you."

"I'll s-see you tomorrow. I guess..." He trailed off as the two went immediately up into their rooms, ready to get some shut-eye.

Ollie woke them up early. Way earlier than Link would've liked. He was always the one to sleep in late at the castle, this was no exception. Luckily, the royal advisor knew how to deal with the sleepy boy. "Link. We need to go. Get up." He merely groaned in response. (Y/N) rolled his eyes, then swiftly pulled the covers of Link, making him jolt forward.

Link rubbed his eyes groggily. "It's time already?"

"Yeah. I'm going to prepare breakfast and buy some extra food to bring along. You get ready and meet me by the cooking pots." Link nodded as the other male left his room, dressed in full gear, hair spiffy and eyes bright; while Link was only in his boxers, and his hair was left a mess.

"Mornin' sleepyhead." (Y/N) greeted with a smile as Link sat down next to him near the pot. He handed him a plate of food, then gestured behind him, where two horses were standing idly. "I have (H/N) all geared up and ready to go. I also put some extra supplies on your horse. I'm ready to leave when you are."

"Thanks for doing this..." he paused for a moment, searching his mind, "(Y/N)."

(Y/N) felt his heart drop. Link had forgotten his name. He attempted to bottle the feeling as well as he possibly could, pushing it all the way down inside his mind, so as to not upset Link and plastering on a half-hearted smile. "I'm, uh, just gonna go say goodbye to Impa. Finish up and we can leave when I get back."

He quickly walked away from the situation and back to Impa, who knew what was on his mind from a simple look on his face. "It'll take some time for him to remember the bond you two shared, (N/N). Don't rush things."

"I'm not trying to rush things Impa! It's just hard when he can't even remember your name and the last thing I remembered before waking up 100 years later was confessing our love for each other!"

Impa gave (Y/N) a glare. An all-knowing glare he knew too well. He sighed, "I need to be thinking about saving the kingdom instead of my own love life." His sister didn't need to reply, just simply gave him a sly smile.

"You are the best travel partner for him, he doesn't know this yet, but he wouldn't be able to do this without you."

"Well, I wouldn't say that. But, thank you, Impa. I won't let you or the kingdom down."

(Y/N) went in and gave the older woman a hug, "Good luck, (Y/N), and stay safe." He nodded and walked back out the door, now ready to take on the new challenge ahead of him.