Chapter 43: Suffocate

This is the final Chapter of the first book. 
The second book will be posted with chapter one and potentially 2, within a couple days.

I truly hope you've enjoyed and take a read into the second one as well.

It's been a journey. 

I've been struggling with intense writers block. The ending will remain the same no matter what, but will most likely be rewritten with better writing and detail when my head has the capacity. Nonetheless, the story written here is everything you need to know for the second book.

PLEASE let me know what you've thought of everything. If you've enjoyed. What you think will happen. If you will even continue reading.

Thank you for your patience. Thank you for coming along this far.

Chapter Forty-Three: Suffocate

Lack of breath never bothered me. It was a small invitation on what dying really felt like; What the other side looked like. I never fully understood why being on the brink of death made me feel more alive than I ever did. Maybe it was the satisfaction that this would finally be over.

I scanned the room, patiently impatient.

I set my drink down. "You," I said in his direction. He looked over to me and revealed his nametag, Ryland. "Come here," I demanded.

The boy nervously walked up to me and put on a smile. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Yes," I said. "I need you to do something very important for me."

He frowned and nodded. I motioned him to lean in a little closer.

"I'm here on business, but I need you to relay a message for me," I said calmly.

The young man tilted his head and nodded. "Oh-Okay."

"Take this," I looked around the empty lobby to be certain it was only the two of us here besides the bartender. I handed him a room pass and five grand. "And tell the gentleman inside room 814 that Joey needs possession of number two and to drop off to this room."

His eyes widened at the items I put in his hand. "I-I don't know," He mumbled and tried to give it back to me.

I glared at him. "I need you to do this. And once he accepts, you need to exit the building immediately."

He shook his head. "What is he dropping off? Is it dangerous?"

I smiled reassuringly to calm his nerves. "The only thing you need to remember is number two. The man will know what to do from there. If he objects, tell him more money will be coming to him. Then leave."

"Sir, with all due respect-"

"I will make sure this is the only thing you're involved in, Ryland," I whispered and took out an extra five hundred dollars from my wallet. "Keep this as a gift for my gratitude." I gave him the money.

Ryland looked at the cash in his hands and I eyed him momentarily. He looked at me and I raised an eyebrow. "O-Oh," He stammered and swiftly put the money in his pockets.

"Don't fuck this up Ryland, I wouldn't want you to get hurt," I subtly warned and got up from my seat. "I expect this to be done in exactly an hour from now."

I left the bar with fate in some college kids hands, hopeful but not counting on a smooth delivery.

An hour felt like a year. I didn't even care if I was being dramatic, this whole situation was dramatic. I still couldn't fathom the way my life was turning out. It was nerve wracking to think that my fate could end up just like Alex's within any moment. I had to execute this perfectly to buy my time.