Chapter 4

A couple days after New Year's and after Grace left, Steve and Danny went to the Bureau's headquarters. They needed Steve to fill in some blanks. After two long hours, they finally left. They were in Danny's Camaro, and Steve was staring at Danny. He was thinking about how beautiful Danny's blue eyes were, his lovely blond hair, those broad shoulders.

Steve was tired; it was a pretty long day. He leaned back in his seat. "Damn Danny, you're beautiful."

Danny turned to him and did the question sign,he started with an index-finger handshape and he moved his hand towards Steve and changed the handshape into an X-hand.

Steve was too damn tired to sign, so he just talked. "I--"

Before Steve managed to finish his sentence, something went BOOM under the car, causing it to flip. After a couple of seconds, Danny opened his eyes. He looked around, saw how smashed up the Camaro was. He was hurting. He knew he'd broken a couple of ribs, but when he looked at Steve he knew Steve was worse. His eyes were closed, blood was coming off his mouth.

Danny immediately called for an ambulance and he checked on Steve. He found a weak pulse and Steve was breathing, barely, but he was breathing. When the ambulance and the FBI arrived, the EMTs started taking of Steve, while Danny was briefing his boss. Eventually, Steve was loaded into the ambulance. Danny went with them because he had to get checked too and because he was also Steve's protection detail. He was also the person that could translate what Steve was saying after he woke up. Because he would wake up. Danny was sure of that.

They arrived at the hospital. Danny was examined and released by the doctor, while Steve was still in surgery. He anxiously waited for two hours in the waiting room. A lot of horrible scenarios were going through his head. He was thinking he screwed up again; that Steve died and everything was his fault. That's when a doctor came out.

"Doctor?" Danny asked.

"Commander McGarrett will be fine." The doctor said. "He had a head injury from the impact but nothing serious. He also had a deep cut in his shoulder, but we expect a full recovery."

"Which room is he in?" Danny asked.

The doctor said, "He is still in recovery but he will be out soon."

"When can I see him?" Danny asked again.

"Once we get him into a room,I bet you are Agent Williams?"

"Yes,I am.’’ Danny said and showed his ID, "I am also his interpreter’’ Danny added

"Okay, this way." The doctor said.

The nurses had gotten Steve to a room, while the doctor was talking to Danny. Danny entered the room and he sat next to Steve, in a very uncomfortable chair. As long as he could see

Steve breathing, though, he was fine. He also couldn't stop thinking what had Steve tried to tell him before the car got blown up.