Chapter 6

After two days he was discharged, and he and Danny left the hospital. Danny was driving the bulletproof SUV the bureau had given him. He kept thinking that under normal sircumstances, he wouldn't let anyone leave the hospital two days after a head injury—but he knew that Steve was safer if no one else knew where he was except himself (and his boss).

They arrived outside a two story Victorian-style building, with a garden and a garage. As soon as Steve saw the look in Danny's eyes he knew where they were—at his parents' house.

Steve was finding difficult to sign with his sling so he decided to just talk for now. At least until a bit later, when he was gonna get this thing off.

Steve said, "Your parents aren't here?"

Danny put a questioning look on his face and turned and looked at Steve. He signed, "NO.’’

Steve said, "The light in your eyes,you clearly love this house."

Well, I'm impressed," Danny signed, "No, my parents live in DC two years now."

"Oh." Steve said, smiling, thinking of how Danny had said that he was impressed with him. They get out of the car and went inside the house. Steve wasn't too steady yet, because of the head injury, but he could walk and do a lot of stuff on his own.

They went inside, and Danny's boss was there. "I already put Steve's stuff in the guest bedroom."

"No, we're both sleeping in the room I shared with Matt." Danny replied. "I'm not letting him out of my sight. Just find the man who's responsible for this, because he won't be alive for much longer if you don't find him soon."

"Okay." His boss said, "Just be careful,bye."

Danny said, "Okay, bye."

His boss waved his hand and signed Steve’s name sign. Steve waved back and Danny’s boss left.

Danny turned to Steve, "No one know about this house, except my boss and me. We're safe."

"Okay." Steve replied.

'Let me show you around." Danny signed.

He started showing Steve around, but he wasn't paying attention to the house. He was paying attention to Danny instead. He thought that he should focus, since Danny was there to protect him and nothing more.

They arrived at a room upstairs, with two beds.

Danny signed, "And we are gonna sleep here."

"We?" Steve asked.

"Yes." Danny signed. "I'm not leaving you out of my sight."

"OK." Steve said, "I am not that helpless, but I don't have a problem sleeping here."

The thought that they were gonna be sleeping in the same room, even though on seperate beds, was making him happy.

"You cannot do much about it anyway, I'm bringing your stuff in here." Danny signed.

Steve walked into the room, while Danny went downstairs to get Steve's duffel bag.He saw the posters of cars, and the signed Jets shirt hanging on the wall. There were two beds, one on each side of the room and a window in the middle.

Danny came and tossed Steve's bag next to the bed, which was on the left side of the window. "Get dressed.I am going to light the fireplace."

Steve said, "Uhm, okay."

Danny left, and Steve took his sling off. He wore his hoodie, a pair of sweatpants,a pair of thick socks, and his slippers. It took him more time than normal, since the wound on his right side is still fresh and there were stitches on the back of his head, too. He left the sling on the bed, and left the room.

When he got downstairs,he saw Danny checking the windows. There were two boxes of pizza on the table, and the TV was turned to a Jets game.

Steve went over and sat on the couch, asked. "Are you a Jets fan?"

Danny signed, "Yeah, you?"

"Washington football team." Steve replied.

O-K." Danny signed,"I'm passing on that since you are coming from a place full of pineapples."

Steve signed, "By the way, does the pizza have pineapple?"

Danny signed furiously back, "NO, PINEAPPLE DOES NOT BELONG ON PIZZA,PIZZA IS MEAT, SAUCE, AND DOUGH, GET IT?"His expression was serious and sharp so Steve knew he wasn’t joking.

"O-K, O-K." Steve signed, "Why don't you sit down, relax. You already checked the windows four times."

"You can never be too careful and where the hell is your sling?" Danny replied. "You are supposed to be resting your shoulder."

"My shoulder will be fine, it's not the first time." Steve said, ‘'Just relax. I'm a Navy SEAL and you are a special agent,we can handle this."

"I won't complain to you about this again." Danny answered, "I'm going to chck upstairs."

Steve signed, "OK."

Danny went upstairs and came back after a minute. "All secure."

Steve signed, "OK,will you relax now?"

"Yeah." Danny replied, "I had a security camera system installed, so I can check."

He opened his laptop, and they start watching the game and eating pizza. After the game they decide to go to bed, since Steve has a headache.They lay in their beds and slept.