Boy Wonder

When I woke up, I half expected to be back in my warm bed again, away from whatever the heck was going on. But no. I awoke to the sensation of water running down my dry throat. The rest of my senses quickly awakened again and I let out a groan. All the adrenaline had left my body, leaving my muscles sore and achy. I coughed a little bit of water from my lungs.

"Good, you're awake." A voice said. They sounded relieved.

I was still laying on the rocky ground, and much to my confusion, the handsome Boy Wonder was still here, leaning over me. Not that I was complaining or anything. I wasn't sure how long I'd been out, but the sun was long gone under the horizon. I tried to sit up, and felt blood rush from my head. I winced.

"Whoa, hold on. Here, let me help." Robin gently helped me into a sitting position, and made sure I wasn't going to fall over before letting go. I stared at him, dumbstruck again.

"That's all the water we have." He tossed aside a small canteen. It clattered against the rocks, empty. "I added some calorie tablets to the water to try and help you get your strength back. Please try not to pass out again." He chuckled playfully, his tone kind.

Again, I said nothing.

"You don't want to talk anymore?" Robin tilted his head to the side, his dark locks brushing against his brows. He took a seat across from me, crossing his legs. "That's alright, you might be in shock. Let's try something else. If yes, nod. If no, shake your head. So, are you okay? Nothing broken? Sprained, maybe?" He asked me.

I stared at him blankly for a second before I began to hyperventilate again. My heart pounded in my chest and my hands shook. My brain felt like it was swelling or about to spontaneously combust, and Robin took notice.

"Hey! it's okay! Look at me!" Robin gripped my forearms again. "Breath in, and out. Keep looking at me." He said soothingly.

I did as he told, breathing in deep, and exhaling through my mouth. I kept my eyes trained on his mask. I couldn't see his eyes, but I could see his expression. Eventually my pounding heart slowed and my hands stopped trembling.

"Better?" Robin asked.

I swallowed, nervous at his proximity.

"I'm okay now." I nodded. I exhaled, pulled away and ran a hand through my hair. I looked down and saw my finger tapping on my knee. "Sorry." I murmured, embarrassed.

Robin gave a nonchalant shrug. "Hey, don't worry about it. This is a stressful situation, I get it." He said.

I looked at Robin, surprised by his generous kindness.

"You saved my life. Thank you." I said.

He managed a smile for my sake. A charming, sweet smile that made my stomach flip flop again.

"I'm glad you're okay." Robin said.

I stared at him, trying to memorize the planes of his face. I'd seen his face a hundred times, all over the news, articles, and over magazines. It would have been very easy to leave me there at the cliffs, and I would have died. Robin could have left me after I passed out after babbling on about invisible cameramen, but he stayed. Kind people were everywhere, I knew that. But Robin looked no older then I was, and yet he had risked his own life for a stranger.

"Would you mind if we got some basics down? Like who you are?" Robin asked.

I found him studying me intensely as well in return. My heart picked up and I quickly held my hands up.

"I'm not a terrorist, I swear!" I defended frantically.

Robin cracked another smile that sent my heart beating again. He rested his elbows on his knees.