Therapy

This chapter takes place during the episode Disordered, just a little heads up.

A couple days later, I had my third official therapy session with Dinah. Just to talk things over again for a final time to make sure I was okay. After Dick took me to that bookstore, I was feeling a lot better about my grip on reality. I told Dinah all the words I couldn't say to Dick, and she responded graciously. After more tears and explaining that I accepted my panic disorder, Dinah gave me the biggest hug.

After tissues and laughing about how much I cried this week, we spoke of treatment. I was hesitant to go on medication, which she was kind about, so Dinah and I decided were going to do weekly therapy appointments. I was immensely grateful for her as she assured me exactly what Dick had told me; that this disorder didn't control me. And she was going to help me get through it however she could.

"Thanks, Dinah." I said as I exited the room with her.

"Of course, Snickers." Dinah smiled. "Now go talk to your... friends..." Dinah trailed off.

I looked back at her as her gaze was fixated on her phone. A small line grew between her eyebrows as she read the message that suddenly appeared on the screen.

"What happened? Is it Cupid? Blynde?" I asked, asking if one of Canary's many enemies had made an appearance in Star City.

But surprisingly, it wasn't that. She shook her head before putting her cell phone back into her pocket. The intense expression still lingered on her face.

"Something happened. Batman wants your presence during the report." Dinah told me.

I immediately was set on high alert, and Dinah and I began to briskly walk down the hallway towards the briefing room.

"What happened?" I questioned curiously, coming up beside her.

Dinah didn't respond for a moment as if she were chewing on her words.

"Connor ran into the Intergang." She eventually said.

Those words made my organs feel like they spontaneously combusted.

"What!?" I shrieked.

Dinah was quick to assure me, holding her arms up.

"He's fine, but Batman wants you there if you have any insight." She told me.

My finger tapped on my leg. Connor fought the Intergang? Where? Were they in Gotham again? Maybe somewhere else? Dinah said he was okay, but that still didn't dull the shock of it. My stomach was in my throat when I saw Connor, Wolf, and Sphere. Batman, Red Tornado, and The Martian Manhunter were also in the room, but I ignored them.

"Connor!" I immediately ran up to him.

Wolf bounded up to me and nuzzled his head into my arms while I searched Connor up and down for any injuries. I knew he was kryptonian and everything, but I'd seen firsthand what those Intergang weapons could do. I scanned his body for any burn marks from Whisper's fiery whips, but he looked like he hadn't been touched.

"We're fine, don't worry." He assured me, observing the concern on my face.

I ran my gaze over Wolf and Sphere just to be sure, but they appeared okay just as he said. Before I could ask any more questions, Batman came up to us and I fell silent. I'd seen him serious before, but this time it looked a little more intense. This was the first real lead we'd gotten on the Intergang since we found Sphere in the Bialyan desert. Well, besides the phone and wallet I found at S.T.A.R. Labs, but Robin was the only other person who knew about that.