Chapter 3

Ember's POV

"Cass are you okay?" I asked after a few seconds of just hugging her tightly. I should have never brought her to this bar.

"Yea, I think so," came her whispered reply. "What are we going to do about those guys? You heard them; they're going to come after us again." She sounded terrified and her breathing began to pick up as her eyes widened in realization of what that might mean.

"Well first off you're going to take some deep breaths. Cass, you need to calm down." I took some deep breaths to help encourage her to do the same. It worked and she started to visibly calm. In the quiet I tuned into what our biker saviors were saying and it sounded like they were about to make us go back to their ranch with them. Ummm yea, no thanks we didn't just narrowly escape one set of bikers to be taken by another group of them. "Now let's get back out the car so we can get back to our road trip. I'm sure those guys are not about to chase all over the Texas country side. They didn't even know where we were going." I calmly told her hoping she would just go along with it quickly so we can get away from the other bikers while they were distracted.

"Are you sure we'll be safe?" I could see the doubt in her eyes.

"Yea of course, come on it will all be okay." I grabbed her arm and started pulling her towards the exit. Peeking my head out the door and just double checking that the other bikers were definitely long gone. After not seeing them we began to make our way across the lot towards my car. My jaw dropped as soon as I saw my car. My tires had been slit and the windows were busted out. I screamed, "Mother Fucker!"

We heard the bars door slam open causing both of us jump as we then heard what sounded like elephants stampeding towards us. Cass grabbed my arm while I shoved her behind me as I turned around ready to take on whatever was coming at us now.

I saw Hawk leading the rest of his men towards us each with a gun in their hand. What the fuck? My eyes went wide and I took a few steps back pushing Cass further behind me. Hawk must have seen what was in my eyes since he lowered his gun.

"Why did you scream and why the fuck did you leave the bar? Do you have any idea what could have happened to the two of you?" Hawk asked me angrily but there was another emotion in his eyes that I couldn't figure out. I could feel Cass behind me shaking.

I noticed the guy from before that had held Cass coming up alongside us reaching for. Not today asshole. "Do not fucking touch her!" I yelled at him. He looked taken aback by my aggression. "Look my name is Gage; you do not need to fear us. We helped you in there remember?" The man told me.

"Yes, you helped us, but then you were talking about forcing us to go to your ranch with you." I bit back.

"What?! You were going to take us by force?" piped up Cass. I turned to her to see her eyes widened and looking hurt as she stared at Gage.

"We wouldn't have forced you, but you need to come with us so we can figure out how we are going to keep you safe." Gage implored Cass in a gentle tone. I could tell Cass was considering this.

"No way! We did not just escape those bikers to be taken by another set of bikers." I rolled my eyes and kept my tight hold on Cass.

"We saved you! What do you think we're going to do to you?" Asked Hawk looking slightly amused by my assumptions.

"Ember, maybe we should go with them and hear them out," whispered Cass to me. "I mean what else are we going to do, look at your car."

As if they had all finally noticed the men collectively glanced over to my wrecked Chevy. I heard a few Fucks and low whistles as they took in the scene before them.