Chapter 5

Hawk's POV

Walking away from my Flame was hard to do. I don't even know why it was hard. I need to stop calling her mine before I accidently say it out loud. I run my hand down my face as I walked through the door into church. In the middle of the room stood a long table with chairs all around it where we sat for our meetings. I made my way to the other end of the table to take my spot at the head as the president. Gage took his spot alongside me to my right as the VP. How am I going to convince them we need to keep Ember safe?

After everyone got seated I grabbed the gavel and banged it on the table. "Alright brothers I know today's ride didn't go as planned," Several men grunted in agreement to my statement. "The Devil's Runners have been a thorn in our side for 10 long years," again several grunts of agreement were heard. "We know that they are going to retaliate after our interfering with their plans for Ember and Cass. So what do we need to do to keep the women and our club safe?" This time there were no grunts of agreement.

Axel spoke up, "I understand you seem to like this woman. Hell you let her on the back of your bike, which you have never had anyone on the back of your bike. So we can all see there is something there. And Gage the way you were looking at the other one you're already pussy whipped." Axel took a deep breath before continuing, "But the fact of the matter is those women are not your old ladies. They are not club." Now the grunts of agreement were back again.

I looked to Gage and he looked pissed. "So you're saying because they're not club we just leave them to fend for themselves. If we were going to be that way why did Hawk fight for us to turn away from the illegal stuff we were doing if that is the kind of men we were going to be." Some of the men that had grunted their agreement now had a look of guilt on their face.

"That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that we don't even know these women. Ember even seemed resistant to wanting our help." Axel replied.

"She may have resisted but she still came along. They need us." Buster stuck up for the women showing his support.

"This club used to protect this town and that included the people in it. That was what my Grandpa Iron started. That is the legacy we are working towards getting back to. The Devil's Runners continue to get in the way of this. We need to stay true to the legacy and take out these Devil's Runners once and for all. Right now we have an opportunity to do both of those things." I laid my case out to my brothers and I all I could do was hope that they saw reason.

Buster looked at me with his signature huge smile. "I'm with Hawk and Gage on this we cannot say we want to get back to our roots but then run the other way when the chance comes for us to do that."

"Help the women," came the deep voice of Blade. Everyone turned to him. Blade did time overseas in the military. He didn't talk much but when he did people listened, including me. He had a large scare across the left side of his face, which we assume was from his time overseas but he is not one to talk about anything let alone something personal. He was one scary motherfucker with a knife, I am glad he is my brother because he is loyal and I never want to be on the other end of his skills with his knife.

"Alright, we should help them, but what is our game plan in dealing with the Devil's Runners." Axel finally relented.

"I think I have some ideas." I told him.

We spent the next 3 hours discussing what to do with the DR's. We had decided that for the next couple of days the club would remain on lockdown to try and avoid any immediate retaliation, but we would send out a couple of men to go and scout out the DR's clubhouse. See if they have any plans brewing. We know we will need to remain vigilant. It will hurt our businesses being closed for a couple of days but the club can afford it we had been thriving from the money coming in. We have the shop on the property for brothers to work on their personal cars and bikes, but we own a shop in town too for outsiders to bring the cars in for us to work on. We also own a tattoo parlor and a gym in town. These businesses are what gave the club the ability to go legit. They are all successful in their own ways and we were even looking at opening up another business.