Chapter 11

Ember's POV

Everyone had just finished eating and we were sitting around just chatting. Hawk had gone off and was speaking with Blade and Screw. Not sure what that's about. I noticed movement to my left and turned to see a man covered in tattoos had sat down in the spot Hawk had vacated.

"Hey, the names Ink. You ever think of getting any tattoos?" Ink offered me his hand.

"What makes you think I don't already have some?"

He looked surprised, "Well where are you hiding them?"

I stood and lifted my shirt a little while also pulling my pants down some to expose my hip bone to him so he could see my ship in a bottle with a storm raging in it with the words 'control the storm don't let it control you' written in cursive under it.

He reached out to touch it and probably read what was written under it, but as soon as he made contact with my skin a loud growl could be heard from behind me. I jumped and spun around while also letting my shirt fall back down.

Hawk was scowling down at Ink, "Back off brother."

Ink held his hands up innocently, "I was just gonna offer to tattoo her virgin skin, but turns out her skin wasn't so pure. Not trying to encroach on your territory." Ink had stood up and was slowly backing away.

I laid my hand on Hawk's arm which caused him to look down at me and his face instantly softened. "It was innocent. I was just showing him my tattoo." His muscles relaxed under my hand. He nodded in understanding.

"Well fair is fair let me see to?" He smirked at me.

I lifted back up my shirt so he could see it. He sucked in a breath of air and ran his fingers over the words. His touched caused a surge of energy to go right to my core. He looked up at me from leaning down to my tattoo and I saw understanding in his eyes.

Standing up he told me, "Well time to see how you think you can protect yourself." Cass and Gage came up beside you while Blade and Screw came up next to Hawk.

"Oh she doesn't think anything she..." I elbowed Cass in the ribs to get her to shut up.

"Ouch!" Cass glared at me, but I gave her a look that said to keep quiet. After a couple of seconds she gave me knowing look and smirked up at the guys.

"Alright so what do you want to do?" I asked looking back to Hawk.

He looked confused and like he was trying to figure out what was going on, but continued on, "We're gonna test you in two phases hand to hand combat and shooting. If at any point you do not want to continue you just have to say so and we'll stop right there."

I nodded my head showing him I understood.

"Good, go upstairs and change into some workout clothes and then meet us back down here." I grabbed Cass's arm and lead her upstairs with me.

"They're going to try and teach you a lesson, but instead you're planning to teach them one right?" Cass asked me.

"Yup, that about sums it up. I would have done better with those DR's at the bar if they hadn't grabbed you first plus there were 3 of them and I could see their weapons. I just had to bide my time with them until I saw my opening and when I did I took it, but these guys don't know that." Cass followed me into Hawk's room and I quickly changed.

"Just don't break any of them." Cass requested of me.

"That's why I have a nurse with me, for all my or in this case their medical needs." I smiled at her. She just laughed and shook her head. "Alright I think I'm ready let's head back down stairs.

We made our way back down to the bar area a lot of the guys were still there milling around. They looked at Cass and me with interest. I walked straight up to Hawk.

"Alright we have a gym and a gun range in the basement that we'll be using. So let's head down there and I'll give you further instructions." Hawk informed us. So our merry band consisting of Hawk, Gage, Cass, Blade, Buster, Screw, and I made our way to a door I had not noticed before. Going down I could smell blood, but decided it was probably best not to question that smell. I didn't need to get more mixed up into their clubs business than I already was.

As we entered the gym I noticed a ring for sparring, a lot of weights, and few cardio machines. I turned to face Hawk.

"You are going to spar with Screw. He won't be looking to hurt you too much just to try and subdue. Remember though if you at any point do not want to continue all you have to do is say so or tap out if you need to." Hawk gave me his instructions.

I stepped towards the ring and began to stretch out my muscles a little bit. I turned to face Screw who was wearing a cocky smile. I rolled my eyes to that, looks like I'm going to have to knock that cocky smile right off his face. Sad really.

"Go Ember!" Yelled Cass I turned and smiled at her, which was a mistake. As soon as I had turned my head I saw in my peripheral that Screw had lunged towards me. At the last second I was able to dodge his attack and the fight was on.

Hawk's POV

What was I thinking allowing this to happen? I might have to kill Screw if he actually hurts her.

When Ember turned her head to smile at Cass Screw took the opening to lunge at her. I sucked in a breath, but she was able to dodge his attack. He went at her again but again she able to dodge. She was bouncing from foot to foot watching him. He lunged at her again and dodged but he caught her in the side with his leg which he had kicked out. She took the hit and stumbled back a couple steps.

I went to move forward to help her but Buster grabbed my arm holding me back and Ember held her hand up to me to tell me to back off. Alright Little Flame show me what you've got.

"Come on Ember no shame in backing out and admitting defeat." Screw taunted her and gave her the out. She shook her head no though. "Alright have it your way."

He lunged at her again and this time when she dodged him she gave him an upper cut in his side. Screw sucked in a deep breath, but she didn't let up she went low to the ground and kicked his feet out from under him. Then she took a couple of steps back and began bouncing on her feet again.

Screw got up and now I could tell he was agitated. He took a swing at her face. I sucked in a breath, but my Little Flame surprised me again. She moved her head to miss his fist and grabbed his arm to twist it behind his back then kicked the back of his legs to bring him to his knees. "No shame in backing out and admitting defeat." Ember whispered in his ear.

Screw shook his head no, but then she applied more pressure to his arm. "AHH alright, alright. You win I tap out." Screw cried out in panic. She was probably close to breaking his arm. Ember then released him and he fell to his hands and knees on the mat breathing deeply.

Cass Yelled and went running up to Ember to embrace her in a hug, while Gage, Buster, and I each stood there in shock unsure of what just happened. Blade on the other hand looked like he knew this was going to happen.

Ember came swaying up to me with a look of innocence on her face. "Do you think I can protect myself now?" Well damn.

"Okay 2 questions. Where did you learn to do that? And why didn't you do that yesterday with the DR's?" Buster asked what I'm sure the others were thinking as well.

"I had some stuff happen when I was a kid so I took some self-defense classes and kick boxing. I never wanted to feel weak again. They were smart to grab ahold of Cass first it meant I had to bide my time before I could do something to be certain they didn't hurt her. You saw me doing that when I bit Butch and elbowed him in the gut. That's usually my style, observe and bide my time until I see my opening." Ember explained to us. This woman just continues to amaze me at every turn.

"Alright have you ever shot a gun before?" I asked her wondering if she was also secretly great at this too.

"A few times." Ember shrugged with her answer.